Grand Floridian walkway to MK - could this be happening!

PhilharMagician

If this is true that would be great, but what I see does not look like a bridge. More like dock ramp system.

If they did decide to continue the walkway from the MK to the GF there would have to be two bridges built and quite a bit of sidewalk installed. A pretty pricey endeavor if you ask me.

RMichael21

I have stayed at the Grand Floridian almost all of my trips and it is quite annoying to have to walk to the main building/dock to get to MK, Poly, Contemporary and the TTC. This bridge would be amazing!

toolsnspools

With the new GFV DVC villas, the number of guests that will need to exit the MK on the monorail just went up significantly. The MK is normally open later than the other parks, so if I were staying on the monorail, there's a good chance that I'd drop into the MK for a few hours before retiring for the night, even if I were at a different park for the rest of the day. They already had a congestion problem that I'm sure is worse now. I'm sure Disney can charge back all the costs for operating the bridge (if that's what this is) to the DVC members as maintenance dues. Maybe that's what has swayed the cost/benefit on a bridge to the point where they've decided to build it.

Tom

Beta Return
Has anyone checked on these things again? In the photos, it looks like they're on the 7SL construction barge landing....where they likely dropped them in the water after building or refurbing them in central shops....likely headed to the GF marina.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well if it is a bridge being made, as is discussed on the thread in the news/rumours section, one issue that still stands is this area. Would Disney expect guests to walk out to Floridian way and then up this sandy path?

Don't believe a bridge is really happening but for sake of argument, if Disney did manage to construct a bridge out there, I'm thinking they could muster up a solution for an ADA path to replace the sand one. ;)

Unplugged

It is amazing that they haven't completed the path considering how much cheaper a path is then more buses or dare I say, monorail maintenance. One would think that even a business who doesn't want to spend money on more infrastructure, would realize "You know, when we off guests by not being able to address the crowds exiting the park, most are perfectly content walking so long as they're making progress. Hey, look at the Boardwalk-Studios path! This would be cheaper then motorized transportation, not require much maintenance, and would increase customer satisfaction."

But why I waste time trying to figure out the logic of not implementing it, I'll never know. Must be the love of Walt in me that keeps a tiny tiny flame of hope burning.

Jim Chandler

Thanks. I've walked it however it has been many years. I learned either the boat or a taxi back to Boardwalk resorts at closing time.

Funny how we crave a way to walk after a long day in the parks just to avoid Disney Transportation.
IT IS NOT THE TRANSPORTATION BUT THE OVER LOAD OF PEOPLE ALL AT THE SAME TIME

Jim Chandler

WAS THERE YESTERDAY THE ITEMS IN THE PICS ARE FOR DOCKING AND LOADING OF BOATS.

IF THEY CAN BUILD A BRIDGE SO THAT THE PYRO CAN GET INTO EPCOT AND YOU CAN WALK TO EPCOT FROM BW THEN THEY CAN MOST DEFINETLY CREATE THE WALKWAY AND BRIDGE TO ACCOMADATE PEOPLE AND BOATS.

216bruce

IF THEY CAN BUILD A BRIDGE SO THAT THE PYRO CAN GET INTO EPCOT AND YOU CAN WALK TO EPCOT FROM BW THEN THEY CAN MOST DEFINETLY CREATE THE WALKWAY AND BRIDGE TO ACCOMADATE PEOPLE AND BOATS.
Please, hit the "Caps Lock" key... please? You read, umm, very loud.

Fashion Mouse

Original Poster
If they are for docking and loading of boats, I wonder why they are there? Just being stored maybe. If we discount those for the moment, what were surveyors doing all that marking out for near the monorail, along the pathway? Would they need to do that to automate the monorail?

Tom

Beta Return
If they are for docking and loading of boats, I wonder why they are there? Just being stored maybe. If we discount those for the moment, what were surveyors doing all that marking out for near the monorail, along the pathway? Would they need to do that to automate the monorail?

Yes. All construction needs layout. Especially underground.

llrain

I wouldn't say "Significantly". Lets say if the villas were sold out on any given day with only 140 ish rooms( in think it was 146) and the average family is of 4 that's a mere 584 guests on average in all of the villas. Its hardly a dent in a crowd environment..Even if all these guests left at once to board the monorail I think there'd be room left over for more.
I'd say moderately going up

With the new GFV DVC villas, the number of guests that will need to exit the MK on the monorail just went up significantly. The MK is normally open later than the other parks, so if I were staying on the monorail, there's a good chance that I'd drop into the MK for a few hours before retiring for the night, even if I were at a different park for the rest of the day. They already had a congestion problem that I'm sure is worse now. I'm sure Disney can charge back all the costs for operating the bridge (if that's what this is) to the DVC members as maintenance dues. Maybe that's what has swayed the cost/benefit on a bridge to the point where they've decided to build it.

Disneykidder

I wouldn't say "Significantly". Lets say if the villas were sold out on any given day with only 140 ish rooms( in think it was 146) and the average family is of 4 that's a mere 584 guests on average in all of the villas. Its hardly a dent in a crowd environment..Even if all these guests left at once to board the monorail I think there'd be room left over for more.
I'd say moderately going up

Good point...it also does not mean that all of the VGF occupants will be at the MK at the same time. Also, when we stayed at BLT last summer the express mono was pretty empty at the end of the night. Most of the people wanted the mono to TTC.

I'm staying at VGF in July and will definitely take the mono to MK and probably take the boat back...it might be quicker than the mono since GF is the last stop.

GeneralKnowledge

Getting pyro into World Showcase Lagoon while still allowing people to walk to Epcot from the BW are two unrelated items. The pyro barges don't go out into Crescent Lake, they are stored in the maintenance canal back behind China and the African Outpost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom