Grand Floridian or Bay Lake Tower?

Tom

Beta Return
You may have a better shot at getting VGF in a 2 bedroom at 7 months. I think they have about 50 dedicated 2BR units and 50 2BR lockoffs (a 1BR with a connecting door to a studio). The lockoffs can be rented as either a 2BR or split into 2 rooms and reserved as a 1BR and studio separately. Even if all 50 studios get booked before the 7 month window there are still a whole bunch of dedicated 2BRs. When are you going? Time of year also is a factor in availability.

Good point. We'll need to consider this for our Jan '16 trip too.

Tom

Beta Return
We have a 1 bdr at GFV for next month that we booked at the 7 month mark. It seems that the studios go much quicker. I would recommend using the Resort Availability Tool up on the DVC web site a week or two before you wish to book to see if anything is still available. Love that tool, since you can search multiple resorts with multiple room type at the same time.

We'll definitely be stalking availability as we get closer to booking. We want to split our stay, but availability may dictate staying at one or the other for the entire trip.

Tigger 68

I've booked three times at the GFV had haven't had a problem getting a dedicated two bedroom (1 standard view 2 lake views) at my 7 month window. I've even went at busy times, once was Christmas taping weekend and even a week during Columbus day weekend last year. Going again this year in September. It's true the 2 bedroom lock-offs were all booked by the time I could book. I would suggest not even calling the phone number, but use the website which is faster. I usually have all my info preset and at 7am hit submit.

JWG

So what was the final decision on where to stay?

We like BLT because:
- Fewer points
- 3rd bathroom in a 2BR (or 2nd in a 1BR)
- Walk to MK
- Walk to MK bus stops (to get around resort to resort transportation challenges for meals and such)

So what I'm saying is YOU should stay at VGF because I don't want to have booking challenges when I want to stay at BLT! :D

MiaSRN62

I just recently toured the GFV and POLY Villa rooms over at SSR. GFV are beautiful! But that said, I own BLT and AKV. BLT hand's down is SOOOO convenient for the MK. We can walk easily in 10 min. Love that at the end of the night when everyone is in long lines for the monorails/boats/busses. Also, love that BLT connects to the main Contempory for shopping/restaurants. No having to go outside if the weather is inclement. We had my daughter's pre-wedding celebration in a 2 bedroom BLT theme park view room and we had 17 guests that night. Sure it was a little tight, but if 17 people could fit in there for a few hours I'm sure your family would be fine. So really it is the "look" that is drastically differently. I cannot deny....GF is GORGEOUS. But BLT is SO convenient and love the MK views if you can swing the extra points! That is what sells me on BLT.

Disneykidder

I am an owner of both and have stayed at both. They are both great. BLT rooms are a lot smaller but the walk to MK is the best. It's close to the TTC (hop to monorail for Epcot) and the pool/Contempo Café are great. But...VGF is a lot warmer in terms of style. It was great. We loved our stay there so much we added on there.

Maybe a split stay as another has suggested? We split stay all the time. It's a great way to see other resorts and save points, when needed. :)

Tom

Beta Return
I just wish they'd put a little draw-bridge over the canal and connect the GF to the MK via a walking path. The MK side is done, but they never put in the bridge. That would make the choice a lot easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom