Grand Floridian - Main Bldg - Club Level

SandiR2

Original Poster
I'm taking my mom to the GF for 3 days in May for her 89th birthday. She has never been to anything Disney, so this will all be firsts. :) I booked a club level room in the main building at the GF for us. Way different than my normal resort habit -- I'm a Pop gal since I generally only sleep in the room!

I'm hoping to have a room with a view of the lagoon and also the fireworks. Does anyone here know if that is possible? The view choices I was given when booking were garden/lagoon/pool, and I chose lagoon. Is there something specific I should note on my online checkin other than what I've already requested?

Also, Mom will be using a wheelchair while we are out and about. I read that the boat going from MK to the GF and the Poly accepts wheelchair passengers if they can transfer from the wheelchair into the boat, which it says is about a 2-foot stepdown. That seems like a big drop? I've never been on that particular boat route, so I have no idea if that's correct or not. Mom can walk with assistance, but I'm not sure how stead she'd be on a big step into/out of the boat. Anyone here with experience doing this?

Thanks!

KeithVH

From the pier to the deck, yeah, maybe 2 feet total. But it's not really a direct drop, you would normally step on the gunwale (side edge of the hull) from the pier and then from there onto the deck. Plus, the pilot should be there to at least offer his hand to stabilize. Plus you can proceed her to help steady her. If she is sound enough to transfer, I don't think it will be too much of a problem. Will she take longer than your average little kid? Sure. Others can be patient and wait.

I say go for it.

bethymouse

Request a room where you can see the fireworks from your balcony! You're going to love it! I know the boats don't take electronic convenience vehicles, but wheelchair "transfers" should be ok. Have a Grand Disney time!:D:D:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom