Grand Floridian Lobby smells BAD

unclemike

Original Poster
OK just got back from our Disney trip and loved the Grand Floridian, we have visited Disney like all of you many many times. And we always visit the Grand Floridian for at least dinner, this time we stayed here and love it. The only issue was the puke smell in the lobby, I don't remember ever smelling that smell before. Did they change the cleaner? It was just gross, so much so that we didn't even want to walk through it. I see on older post that people love the smell of the Grand Floridian and maybe this was just a bad cleaning, but the whole week it smelled. Hopefully this goes away, it reminded me of the throw up smell after a custodian sprinkled stuff on it in the high school hallways NASTY!

unclemike

Original Poster
OK, so whats a weird troll thread?

Basically, I want to know if anyone else has heard or smelled this. Because it kind of ruined some of the magic for me. I usually love the resort smells and this one not so much

Keke22

OK just got back from our Disney trip and loved the Grand Floridian, we have visited Disney like all of you many many times. And we always visit the Grand Floridian for at least dinner, this time we stayed here and love it. The only issue was the puke smell in the lobby, I don't remember ever smelling that smell before. Did they change the cleaner? It was just gross, so much so that we didn't even want to walk through it. I see on older post that people love the smell of the Grand Floridian and maybe this was just a bad cleaning, but the whole week it smelled. Hopefully this goes away, it reminded me of the throw up smell after a custodian sprinkled stuff on it in the high school hallways NASTY!

Keke22

Totally agree about the bad smell. We just returned July 23rd. Mostly it was coming from the Garden View Tea Room where it's under renovation.

disney4life2008

Besides (the obvious places) I have never encountered a bad smell at disney. However, it really pulls my reigns when I am standing in a long line in the hot sun and someone decides to rip one out making us all suffer. Or if someone has severe BO. It amazes me when I hear people say "I am going to shower in the pool" - that does not make up for a real shower with soap.

squidward

"Or if someone has severe BO. It amazes me when I hear people say "I am going to shower in the pool" - that does not make up for a real shower with soap."

:oops:

totaldisneygirl

I was there on Thursday and the lobby just smelled strongly of fresh paint - as if they had just painted some piece of it. I wouldn't call it a bad smell but it was kind of irksome and not very Disney like. In comparison, the Contemporary lobby smelled very clean and fresh!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was there on Thursday and the lobby just smelled strongly of fresh paint - as if they had just painted some piece of it. I wouldn't call it a bad smell but it was kind of irksome and not very Disney like. In comparison, the Contemporary lobby smelled very clean and fresh!
Some paints do have a very strong and unpleasant odor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom