Grand Floridian and Poly to the Pop?

Last May we stayed at the Grand Floridian, this past May we stayed at the Polynesian and we just got a "Kids Stay and Play for Free" offer. We're thinking of going in early October, just before our youngest turns 3. We'll have a 5, 4 and 2 year old. The kids are so excited about Halloween and the idea of MNSSHP. We discovered, that with this offer, we can stay at the Pop Century and get tickets to MNSSHP all for under $2,000! About a 3rd of what we paid for the room and parks the last two times we went. However, we're worried about being disappointed from going to the monorail route to a value resort. We will have a car this time, which should help. Thoughts? Thanks!

TDGMedley

Yes, I know what you are talking about. We did it big stayed at the Contemporary in December 2015 and they i made a lat min booking for September 2016 so we could go to MNSSHP and before my son turned 3. As long as you go into it know that you wont have the perks of the monorail and bigger rooms. We are staying at PoP again in Feb 2018 traveling with a lot of family that wanted to stay cheaper. The buses were ok and it helps it does not share with another resort. It was hard to get the stroller in and out of the room. The door opened up to the bed. was not lot of room for it. That was the hardest part for us. We stayed preferred so it help with walking and close to the front. We had 3 adults and 2 kids in the room and we stayed organized so we could find our stuff and not trip over it. I will say with kids i think the monorail is nice makes it easier but you still cant beat going cheaper. Being able to to spend your money on something else.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I think it depends on how important convenience is to you, and also how much time you spend at the resort.

You chose Poly and GF over less expensive resorts before, so just weigh if it's "worth it" to you or not.

The $2k is an attractive price.. I have friends who bounce between moderates and deluxe resorts quite often on different trips. If open to close park days- no need to spend the price of a deluxe!

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

As long as you can manage your expectations, then you'll be fine. You know going in that you won't have the amenities of a deluxe resort and your room will be a lot smaller. You'll just have to deal with it. There's a reason your trip will be this cheap in comparison to your last trips.

I wouldn't take the car to MK. Parking and taking the tram to/from the TTC is a PITA IMO. The bus service from Pop is fine most of the time.

Upvote 0

Wellington2011

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. What about something in the middle? Caribbean Beach or Riverside? As for value, Pop seemed like the best choice? Gosh, I thought I had Disney figured out - now everything is new again!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Thanks everyone. What about something in the middle? Caribbean Beach or Riverside? As for value, Pop seemed like the best choice? Gosh, I thought I had Disney figured out - now everything is new again!

I've always stayed exclusively at deluxe resorts, then in 2015 I tried to extend a Poly stay but they were sold out. I'm a fan of small resorts, so ended up choosing POFQ for 2 nights. It was really pretty and I would not have any problem staying there again!

Upvote 0

TDGMedley

Most of the times we have gone we have stayed value b/c of price. Knowing we are only sleeping there. But as I have gotten older staying deluxe is nice. Being closer to things and monorail. I have looked in to the moderate resorts and they seem very big. They have a inter bus system to get you around resort. To me it didn't seem east to be able to run down and get a snack or drink if wanted. But all Disney resorts are nice witch it makes it hard to chose from.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom