Grand Floridan vs. whispering canyon

ELG13

Original Poster
Need help choosing between the 2. Its the only night we don't have an amazing adr. We have whispering canyon but I see grand Floridian had availability so just wondering. I picked whispering bc of the experience, the food doesn't really appeal to me. We've never been to either.

ELG13

Original Poster
Grand Flo is the better choice if you find Whispering Canyon annoying.
Well that's just it. We've never been so I booked it more for the experience. I've heard from both sides that it's a must do at least once especially if you have smaller children or it's just incredibly annoying. So I guess I'm trying to just base my decision off of the food? We're on the Disney Dining Plan if that makes a difference. Also the kids are six and two. And then it's me my husband and my 65 year old mother. I'm wondering if the novelty of the experience will be lost on the kids. I know the two-year-old won't get it and the six-year-old might get some of it but I'm not sure if the experience is worth not as good a food as we could possibly get at Grand Floridian.

epcotisbest

WCC is one of our favorites, but I really like the food. If the food does not appeal to you, choose GFC and enjoy it instead.

belledream

We didn't find the Whispering Canyon to be annoying, but I wouldn't say it's a "must do". I would just say if you're up for a little rowdy fun and teasing, it's there for your enjoyment, whether as a victim or a spectator. ;)

The food is standard American fare but it was done well on our opinion. Especially the All-You-Care-To-Enjoy platter and there refillable milkshakes.

KGriz

Well that's just it. We've never been so I booked it more for the experience. I've heard from both sides that it's a must do at least once especially if you have smaller children or it's just incredibly annoying. So I guess I'm trying to just base my decision off of the food? We're on the Disney Dining Plan if that makes a difference. Also the kids are six and two. And then it's me my husband and my 65 year old mother. I'm wondering if the novelty of the experience will be lost on the kids. I know the two-year-old won't get it and the six-year-old might get some of it but I'm not sure if the experience is worth not as good a food as we could possibly get at Grand Floridian.

Our daughter was 5 when we first went to WCC and she had a blast. We have been to both restaurants, GFC did not impress me with the food or atmosphere.

zurgandfriend

We enjoy Whispering canyon and all the goings on, to each their own however. That said, I prefer the Grand Florian Café for breakfast the dinner menu is ok but the atmosphere is too "foo-foo" for my tastes. Whispering canyon has steaks, BBQ, corn and beans etc. What my DS and I call "Guy food."

ELG13

Original Poster
I think we will keep whispering canyon. It sounds like the kids will like it and I read the steak good. Might as well try. I would want to cross it off my list at some point so might as well do it now!!!

carriebeth

With a 6 and 2 year old, i think a rootin tootin atmosphere is so much nicer than a more frou frou one. Frou Frou is not fun or relaxing for me when I have little ones in tow. Even at Disney when there are sure to be other children around. Trying to keep everything as calm and dignified as possible for the sake of other diners who wanted that more special sort of atmosphere with unpredictable toddlers and kids who are on a Disney hyped up high....well I would just rather go where there is sure to be noise and some rowdy fun and if one of my kids accidentally knock over their drink everyone will not be eyeballing me.

ELG13

Original Poster
With a 6 and 2 year old, i think a rootin tootin atmosphere is so much nicer than a more frou frou one. Frou Frou is not fun or relaxing for me when I have little ones in tow. Even at Disney when there are sure to be other children around. Trying to keep everything as calm and dignified as possible for the sake of other diners who wanted that more special sort of atmosphere with unpredictable toddlers and kids who are on a Disney hyped up high....well I would just rather go where there is sure to be noise and some rowdy fun and if one of my kids accidentally knock over their drink everyone will not be eyeballing me.
Yes absolutely!! I guess I didn't realize grand Floridian was so fancy! We went for breakfast one time...or maybe it was 1900 park fare now that I'm thinking about it...it was a character bfast with alice and the mad hatter etc. Our oldest got to do the intro with Mary Poppins!!! It was amazing.

21stamps

I think we will keep whispering canyon. It sounds like the kids will like it and I read the steak good. Might as well try. I would want to cross it off my list at some point so might as well do it now!!!

My family loved WCC! The food wasn't very appealing to me either..we ordered the skillet, not my style, but the salad and bread was great. The experience was completely worth it! Next time I'll just order the quinoa cakes instead.

21stamps

Yes absolutely!! I guess I didn't realize grand Floridian was so fancy! We went for breakfast one time...or maybe it was 1900 park fare now that I'm thinking about it...it was a character bfast with alice and the mad hatter etc. Our oldest got to do the intro with Mary Poppins!!! It was amazing.

I don't consider GF Cafe fancy, but I much prefer lunch or breakfast over dinner.. Lobster Benedict. So good!

Foltzy

I've always loved WCC. However it depends a lot on your waiter. If you get a good and funny waiter you'll have the time of your life but an okay waiter makes it a meh experience. The food is normally pretty good however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom