Grand California

Longhairbear

Original Poster
We scored a 1 bedroom for a weekend stay the week before Christmas. We love the Carthay Circle Theatre restaurant in DCA, and will probably make reservations for the friday night we arrive. We're driving, so will bring a cooler of groceries for the rest of our stay, vodka, Jack Daniel's, and a frozen/thawed pork roast we got at our grocery to cook in villa. A salad, fresh veggie side dish, and a nice port wine before heading back into Disneyland, or DCA.
We might not need the Vodka and Jack Daniel's back at the villa, as we always stop at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel for several tiki/tropical homemade cocktails.

Ralphlaw

Good for you. Sounds like a trip I would love to be invited to. Grand Cal is very nice, similar in ways to Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think they were the same architect. Enjoy.

216bruce

If you plan on using the hotel's direct entrance to the parks in the morning, get there a little early as the line can be quite long. It is really convenient the rest of the day though. Beautiful hotel and the dining is quite good!

EOD K9

Stayed in a 1BR there in 2012 with park view. We could see WoC which was pretty nice since we didn't have to leave the room. It is an experience walking out of the main turnstyles and seeing DCA instead of the lagoon. Same hold true for where DTD is instead of the monorail station. We did enjoy the fact that everything is within walking distance. Try to enjoy Storytellers café if you can.

Longhairbear

Original Poster
If you plan on using the hotel's direct entrance to the parks in the morning, get there a little early as the line can be quite long. It is really convenient the rest of the day though. Beautiful hotel and the dining is quite good!
Thanks! We sleep in when staying at the villas. We like to lounge around, and make it a lazy stay. We live only a few hours drive, and annual passholders, so we take it easy. I don't think we have ever entered DCA, or Disneyland before noon!
We just read about the room added to Club 33 for we regular folk in New Orleans Square!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom