Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

rocketraccoon

From @bioreconstruct on Twitter: "Street lights and trees arriving in Grand Avenue of Disney's Hollywood Studios."
DHDJx-7XsAA7XBW.jpg

DHDJzrsXkAAhBhm.jpg

The area should look real nice at night once it's done.

Up to the minute update:
View attachment 221973
Any idea what's gonna go under those two lights? I'm guessing a movie poster or something like that since it seems way too barren to be blank. I also wonder if the old backstage entrance is just gonna be a door now.

dcgWBBU.jpg

Edit: Agh, answered my own question. The first photo clearly shows a doorway on that new wall.

Next Big Thing

From @bioreconstruct on Twitter: "Street lights and trees arriving in Grand Avenue of Disney's Hollywood Studios."
DHDJx-7XsAA7XBW.jpg

DHDJzrsXkAAhBhm.jpg

The area should look real nice at night once it's done.

Any idea what's gonna go under those two lights? I'm guessing a movie poster or something like that since it seems way too barren to be blank. I also wonder if the old backstage entrance is just gonna be a door now.

dcgWBBU.jpg

Edit: Agh, answered my own question. The first photo clearly shows a doorway on that new wall.
I'm guessing there will be a painting or something "advertising" something under the lights, much like what is seen over at The Edison recently.

But this is just my guess.

Movielover

Costumes for Baseline Tap House are already at Studios Costuming. They might be trying to move faster on this area than I would have guessed.

Or (and I'm not trying to be rude here) they have assets onsite ready to go...

*pause for dramatic effect

Before the opening date.

*GASP!

(Trigger Warning - Marvel related image)
tenor.gif

Herbie

I posted because weren't there red steel structures holding the facades or is that only at the base? Maybe it's just the lighting that made me believe they're missing

Rob562

There's only so much you can do with a huge box right next to a sidewalk.

Martin, what's the access to the *back* of the sci-fi building look like? Could the pull a Midway Mania and move the entrance and lobby to the back of the building so you enter around the left side of the remaining SOA facades?

Although at that point it's probably easier to build a new facility elsewhere in the park and relocate the cars and scenery... (Off Sunset, perhaps?)

-Rob

roj2323

Martin, what's the access to the *back* of the sci-fi building look like? Could the pull a Midway Mania and move the entrance and lobby to the back of the building so you enter around the left side of the remaining SOA facades?

Although at that point it's probably easier to build a new facility elsewhere in the park and relocate the cars and scenery... (Off Sunset, perhaps?)

-Rob
It's technically possible. Along the far left of the building between the theater dinning room and what's now going to be baseline tap is a cast hallway that runs to about midway through the blue building facade if you draw a line out. A pathway would be a bit zig zaggy but it could work. That said, they wouldn't likely do it as that whole area behind the facade is used for Merch storage, a cast smoking area, the roll off dumpster as well as a cardboard compactor. Additionally this is a cast pass through area and seemingly that access is being kept since there's a door in the newly themed wall they installed between the Coca-cola drugstore front and Baseline Tap.

WDWbuff2001

The trees would be an indicator to me that a Muppets show in those windows is NOT happening since they are already partially obscuring the second floor windows.
Maybe the third floor? Although everybody's neck would be hurting.... My neck was hurting watching the muppet show in magic kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom