Gran Fiesta Tour Rumor

Figment632

I wouldn't want them to replace the screen at the end with this mainly due to the AA's age and size. However if they were to place them at the very end infront of the map of Mexico when you are waiting to get off the ride I'd like that.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Not sure it would work, as the rest of the 3 caballeros in the ride are shown via screen. To replace the screen AA's that wouldn't have as much motion would be too much of a downgrade in my opinion.

Animaniac93-98

I'll agree 100% with you Skyway that the rumor is bogus and that Disney would not likely do it. I'll also agree that indeed money was spent on animation and projectors, and an ivestment of this kind would be questionable.

What I do not agree upon is the slamming of the AAs. Have you ever watched the Revue? Limited as Small World dolls? You've got to be joking. Small World dolls do not have the arm and wrist movement of these figures, they do not tap their feet and shake their bodies and heads in they way the 3 copies do (yes there was 3 versions of each figure).

As for guests squining please note that size of the MMR theater. I doubt the desgin of the show was to make you squint from the back row of the theater in order to see the cast of AAs displayed. You could obviously place the figures close enough to the boats to see them and try to duplicate the jumping around effect by having them on trap doors or platforms to create a ping-pong ball effect like movement. If you honestly think these AAs would create the most "static, lifeless ending imaginable", then I have little respect for your imgination Skyway.

The current screen can only be properly seen from certian angles anyway and your not going to ge any head turning guests looking for other perspectives to see the finale.

Why not put the AAs at the begining of the room and have them do thier ping-pong effect movement to start of the finale whih would lead to the big screen at the end? No money "wasted" on animation or projectors while still adding another layer to the climax (there isn't much to see at the start ayway beyond the fiber optic fireworks). Alough I initinally suggested them as a replacement that does not man it's the one and only way of putting them in the ride.

Figment632

I think they are the perfect size for the Map room right after the screen, if they put them there I will welcome it as an upgrade.

Brian_WDW74

The village scene with the small world type characters would also be a great place to add them.

The only problem is that Donald is still supposed to be missing at this point in the show. So having the Three Caballeros together in the village wouldn't fit the story.

But I do like the idea of having them in the map room. They'd be closer to the boats and guests would have something to look at while waiting to unload. :)

EPCOTPluto

I call "bogus" on this rumor for so many reasons.

First of all, why does anyone think this would improve the ending? Those AA's from MMR are about the size of an IASW doll and have almost as limited of movement. Besides having to squint to see them, it would be the most static, lifeless ending imaginable! At least the current set up is large, has lots of energetic movement, and dazzling colors.

Second, Disney is not going to just trash the thousands of dollars invested in the current ending. That rear projection screen and the digital projectior cost a bunch of money, not to mention what was spent animating that sequence of film.

Third, from a creative and historical perspective, the ending film is the one most inspired by "The Three Caballeros". Their choreography is almost identical to Walt's original movie. Again, you're not going to get that energy and flavor with some ancient AA's bolted to the floor.

Fourth, Disney is in the habit of removing AA's, not adding additional ones. Why would they spend money to install and constantly upkeep something that, quite frankly, better in it's current state?
As much as I would like something more in the end, very good points you mention here! :)

Enchantâmes

Yea I was never an ace at math but was 1972 37 years ago? If I'm wrong then I still don't see how 38 year old AA's are an improvement over the screens.
It opened in 1971. :wave: And I have seen these AA's in person in Tokyo and they move a lot more than what you may think.

wserratore1963

Last week I heard a rumor that I have not seen mentioned here so I thought I would share. Again this is a rumor so don't take it as fact. The rumor involves the finale of Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros at Epcot. Rumor has it that the finale scene in which the concert takes place will lose the video screen and add animatronics instead. The animatronics are coming from Tokyo Disneyland's Mickey Mouse revue show that recently closed. If true i really think it would make for a great addition to the ride.
That would be fun

imagineer boy

Even if its not a true rumor, I do think its a great idea. The screens are the reason I've never liked El Rio or Gran Fiesta. Plus it would be great to give some AAs a new home. :)

dznygirl64

The only problem with AAs are they break down,What ever they do will be ok with me.When we are there in Sept,Oct and January the ride is dead no one on it but us,must be buisy the rest of the year?

Figment632

It opened in 1971. :wave: And I have seen these AA's in person in Tokyo and they move a lot more than what you may think.

You are putting words in my mouth, you do this a lot. Please go back and actually read what I wrote. I never said anything about them not moving much. I said that they are over 35 years old. Feel free to make sure I dotted my I's and crossed my T's like you usually do.

EPCOT Explorer

I think it's a great idea, and one that's been floating around here for a while...

If it WERE to come true, I would hope they would make new, and very realistic moving AA's supplemented by the screen for a backdrop.

Buried20KLeague

I've seen them as well... And I thought they were GREAT...

For 1970's AA's. :hurl:

There's no way they'd fly over here the way they were. They'd either have to be majorly upgraded or changed. Plus, like Skyway said, they put money into what they've got there now. I can't see them changing that out for 30+ year old AA's.

I don't think it's a bad idea overall... AA's there would be great... AA's ANYWHERE would be great! But not those.

EPCOT Explorer

I've seen them as well... And I thought they were GREAT...

For 1970's AA's. :hurl:

There's no way they'd fly over here the way they were. They'd either have to be majorly upgraded or changed. Plus, like Skyway said, they put money into what they've got there now. I can't see them changing that out for 30+ year old AA's.

I don't think it's a bad idea overall... AA's there would be great... AA's ANYWHERE would be great! But not those.

Right...AA's > Screens. Especially if they were *new* and had compliance.

RoRo

I hope this is true, I like the ride but not as much as it was before the refurb but adding the AAs will really help me enjoy it more.

Animaniac93-98

Disney has recycled 70s AAs before, Oggie Boggie in HMH is made up of Big Al from Disneyland's CBJ (they had two of him).

With the 3 Cabs figures there is no need to create new skins and costumes and new parts can be put inside (like the Tiki Birds got, also in Disneyland in 2005). There's no issue with designing new figures from scratch and if only 1 set of the 3 is used there are 2 extra ones for spare parts.

Don't forget Splash Mountain too is made up of 70s AAs (from American Sings) duplicated for other Magic Kingdoms that have the ride.

EPCOT Explorer

Disney has recycled 70s AAs before, Oggie Boggie in HMH is made up of Big Al from Disneyland's CBJ (they had two of him).

With the 3 Cabs figures there is no need to create new skins and costumes and new parts can be put inside (like the Tiki Birds got, also in Disneyland in 2005). There's no issue with designing new figures from scratch and if only 1 set of the 3 is used there are 2 extra ones for spare parts.

Don't forget Splash Mountain too is made up of 70s AAs (from American Sings) duplicated for other Magic Kingdoms that have the ride.

Never knew the first part of that!:wave: Cool stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom