GQ Style magazine publishes first ever menswear fashion shoot at Walt Disney World Resort

Cmdr_Crimson

Do you think the majority of their target audience frequents Disney websites and forums?

I read the post because it's on the front page of one of my Top 3 websites. I made my post in the hopes that someone might find humor in it and make their day a little brighter.

Have you seen Disney Springs lately? ;)

trampdog

1lvs3u.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... where to begin...

1. The white and large paned jackets are nice, but they need to be fitted better. The jacket should hit the mid point of the posterior. You only go longer if you have very long legs. The green is a hideous shade of green, and looks more like the shape of an old, boxy safari jacket. Excuse me, I need a bucket...

2. Capris only look good on particular body shapes, that is, tall, fit, and thin. And that is normal capris which usually have a tapered hem. The ones in this fashion shoot are hideous. They are baggy all over. The hem is cuffed (no!) and oversized, as if it were a boot cut. That makes the model's legs look toothpick thin.

3. The styling is atrocious. Slicked back greasy hair? In the subtropics? Oversized shades? Black shirt in the day time? Skinny tie with large jacket?

4. At least, all the shoes are nice.

5. If you're a man and you want to dress nice for Disney, go to Uniqlo's at Disney Springs. Lots of really good and appropriate casual wear for a really good price.

6. What's fashionable for the parks? See the male extras and dancers dressed as guests in the video below (and even some of the CM costumes would be park appropriate). You'll notice an almost complete absence of cargo shorts and T-shirts.

21stamps

So... where to begin...

1. The white and large paned jackets are nice, but they need to be fitted better. The jacket should hit the mid point of the posterior. You only go longer if you have very long legs. The green is a hideous shade of green, and looks more like the shape of an old, boxy safari jacket. Excuse me, I need a bucket...

2. Capris only look good on particular body shapes, that is, tall, fit, and thin. And that is normal capris which usually have a tapered hem. The ones in this fashion shoot are hideous. They are baggy all over. The hem is cuffed (no!) and oversized, as if it were a boot cut. That makes the model's legs look toothpick thin.

3. The styling is atrocious. Slicked back greasy hair? In the subtropics? Oversized shades? Black shirt in the day time? Skinny tie with large jacket?

4. At least, all the shoes are nice.

5. If you're a man and you want to dress nice for Disney, go to Uniqlo's at Disney Springs. Lots of really good and appropriate casual wear for a really good price.

6. What's fashionable for the parks? See the male extras and dancers dressed as guests in the video below (and even some of the CM costumes would be park appropriate). You'll notice an almost complete absence of cargo shorts and T-shirts.

I think these photos weren't meant to show what should be worn at Disney World.
And I don't think that men anywhere will be running out to buy these. Same thing with women's fashion, most of us do not wear runaway styles, we wear a modified off the rack version.

Anyway.. re: men's fashion..
when in doubt, wear this-
Casual, manly, and completely non offensive:)
IMG_2422.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom