gps watch

Mad Stitch

Do any of you guys run with the heart rate monitor on? I like the idea of it for accuracy on how many calories I would be burning but I am not sure it's totally necessary.

I don't have one for my gps watch, but I do on my treadmill. My experience is that they don't work as well as you would think they should. My directions said to moisten the sensors with a little bit of water before you begin, but I found that the moisture would soon evaporate and the strap wouldn't be able to detect your heart beat. After running for awhile I would get the opposite problem, once I start sweating there would be too much moisture for it to work properly. I got annoyed with it and don't even use it anymore.

Clamman73

Do any of you guys run with the heart rate monitor on? I like the idea of it for accuracy on how many calories I would be burning but I am not sure it's totally necessary.
I don't do much running but do cycle a lot, and I use the Garmin edge 500 bike computer with heart rate monitor and it seems to be pretty accurate for calories. If I don't use the heart rate monitor it way over calculates calories burned.

Miceberg

Had a Garmin 210 that died in less than a year so I switched to the Forerunner 410. It was waaay to complicated so I returned it and picked up the Forerunner 10, which I love. It's simple, does the few things I really want including an interval timer...and it was a lot cheaper than the others.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

My Fitbit Surge includes HR for all types of exercise - loop run, treadmill run and free run. And from what I've seen (compared to equipment at my gym), it's pretty accurate. I like it for the calorie burn, plus one of the stats for my run/workout is calories. It's nice knowing at what point I'm in that "damn, I'm burning some calories here" zone.

Kermit262

I'm also a Garmin guy, and word on the street is that the release of the Forerunner 230 and 630 is imminent, so I'd hold off on that announcement before making any decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom