GPS Tracker for kids

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Where did you see/hear this?

I've read comments from a couple of people on threads around here who had reporting asking CMs about it. There was also a couple of questions about this on the Disney Mom's Panel where they said you can't scan the bands to find out the kids info but maybe in the future. DisBoards owners have also said in the comments in one of their blog posts that it can't be used with lost kids yet.

That said it could be possible that they can use it for finding out the identity of a lost kid but haven't told the public for some reason.

Royaltykid25

Seems to me that Disney and all other theme parks would find a tech solution, pin a damn tracker that we can rent at the park and use a mobile app to find them in the park. Location GPS, proximity notifications, alerts, something. For gods sake, they spent $1Billion on the magic bands to be able to track where we spend money, why wouldn't they put in $1million to be able for us to track our children. Anyone have any products out there like this?

stevehousse

But does your two year old always carry his cell phone on him? The cell app would need to link to something. to track it.
Why would ur 2 year old be wandering around the parks by himself is the better question. I am a parent myself too, so my gps tracker for my young kids r their strollers...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Why would ur 2 year old be wandering around the parks by himself is the better question. I am a parent myself too, so my gps tracker for my young kids r their strollers...

I don't go as far as a GPS tracker myself but kids get lost at Disney all the time. I lost my 2 yo for a few minutes. I went to put the stroller outside in stroller parking at a restaurant and came back and there were dad, grandma and grandpa no 2 yo. I guess I'm going to park the stroller did not mean watch the kid to any of the 3 people I left her with. Thankfully she had just left the waiting area and was quickly found in the dining room. Now I always make sure everyone clearly knows who is expected to be in charge of the children before I walk away.

Royaltykid25

Granted, I watch my 2-year old like a hawk cause he is just a devil in a crowd. The 5 year old actually listens. Surprising. But no tattoo or sharpied on cell number is gonna help his mother to chill if he disappears into a crowd. Once that happens, the whole day is ruined for both of us, no matter how much fun we have had before that event. And by the previous testimony, kids get lost at Disney and I assume other theme and amusement parks ALL the time.

I don't want to buy some $200 watch that I might use once a summer. I have seen something called kidspotter that was set up in Belgium theme parks of all places but they went out of business last year. Same RFID system Disney is using for their magic bands but just focusing on locating people. Doesn't help with real time. Kiosk based. Has anyone seen or heard of anything else that amusement parks could offer?

I have an engineering background so this gets my brain going. I would love to just tag my kid with a chip. If he runs or wanders off, wipe out my phone and fire up an app that gives me a proximity location close to a spot or ride. Any of this ring bell or heard of something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom