Got the job! But...

ShaynaLace

Original Poster
Hey yall! I've been working towards this one job for 3 years now, and after a 1,000 mile road trip and 4 days in Orlando for a 10 minute business interview... going all the way back to Texas, and flying back down a week later for a 2 hour technical interview... I GOT THE JOB! It is the most expensive, labor intensive job application process I have ever been through, but I hope with continued hard work and perserverance, this is my last job interview ever!

Now, my question is, the phonecall I received telling me I got the job, was from the sweet lady I interviewed with... the manager of the department. She said to listen out for the "official" phonecall, and they would start all of the legal stuff. She also said that they would tell me when I needed to start... but I'm not sure when to be down there. She said anywhere between middle to end of May... but my concern is, I have to move from Texas! And it is at an odd junction in our jobs/life where my husband will be deploying at the end of May... and my daughter will be with her grandparents for the summer, so I can get situated and trained with Disney, while school is out, so I don't have to stress over paying or finding full time childcare for a diabetic child.

What is keeping me from just moving down right now, is 1... my daughter needs to finish as much of this school year as she can, and 2... we need my husband to transition from one job, straight into the next job as seamlessly as possible, as to not create a rift in income.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID: (sorry, I ramble)... My main question is, is Onboarding and Traditions a once a month thing? Or do they pretty much offer it all month long because of the constant flow of people?! My thinking is, since I have not heard from the "official" people with any dates, (and I'm coming up on my 30 day notice time frame)... I can just plan on being there by, say, the 2nd Monday of the month... or the 15th... if it's on a set date. If it's not on a set date... well... I guess I'm just back at square 1. haha.

Thanks for reading all of this, I hope it is understandable... Sorry I couldn't get it out in a more fluid manner. Lol

katiekinzakat

Onboarding is pretty much every weekday, 9-5 as it is just where you fill out all of your paperwork/take your ID picture. Traditions happens pretty regularly, though I think it depends on the season

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom