Got Beer?

Lhriangel

I've worked Ice Station Cool a few times.. I hated it lol. Anyone who has had to work that darn ice tunnel will understand why. If you take just a *lil* from each country it is supposed to smell and taste like bubble gum. That's what I was told anyways lol.

LOL Drinking around the world during Food and Wine is amusing for the cast members. I worked at the Beer Tent at AA most of the time so... we had the drunker guests. Getting hit on by old men is .. amusing. If you REALLY want to drink around the world go during Mid Oct and Nov to Food and Wine... everyone I've talked to says it's worth it LOL.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The thought of a stiene of draft Becks is sufficient reason to visit Epcot more than once during a holiday. Cant understand the facination for British beer. we always joke that most UK brewed stuff is mucked up under licence. Stick to real ales or premium lagers from the UK the rest is dish water.
I havnt drank my way round the world but ive had a good atempt at europe my top lager is German called Warsteiner,
dark beer would have to be Calders, and stout the good ole Murphys.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by Chas&Company
...[beer at] AK and the studios...

At DAK, an amber microbrew is (or recently was... menus do change) served at Pizzafari and one or two trucks. There is a small patio beverage location in Harumbe (full bar).

Studios used to have a lounge as sort of mezzane to the Soundstage Restaurant... next to Brown Derby... but I believe that's not operating. However, brews are obtainable from a few stands and trucks. Also, full bar... tiny place... to the left of the Prime Time cafe.

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

The last time I was at EPCOT, they had ice cream carts, that sold BEER instead of Ice cream. Right next to those popjets at the entrace to World Showcase. (where children were playing)

It was kind of disturbing and Sad. Anything for a buck.

Upvote 0

burbur

having been an odf stocker at tusker house in animal kingdom, i know that the beer runs cold and fast out in africa. in our section of the park alone there are 4 places to get that liquid gold. there is the popcorn stand, the fruit market, dawa bar, and inside tusker house. go get trashed people!

i always hated taking the beer out to popcorn, but now they have locks on the fridges, so we only had to make trips every once in awhile to bring out a new keg. although i must say that on numerous occasions the girls working the keg would hand out beers that had more head than beer, so they'd be calling us on the radio for help. silly girls... ;)

Upvote 0

Coronado

We all know that there is no "P" in Everyone Comes Out Tipppsy! Everyone takes a "P" before they leave. You cannot buy beer...it can only be rented and stored in your bladder for a short time!:lol:

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

Originally posted by burbur
having been an odf stocker at tusker house in animal kingdom, i know that the beer runs cold and fast out in africa. in our section of the park alone there are 4 places to get that liquid gold. there is the popcorn stand, the fruit market, dawa bar, and inside tusker house. go get trashed people!

i always hated taking the beer out to popcorn, but now they have locks on the fridges, so we only had to make trips every once in awhile to bring out a new keg. although i must say that on numerous occasions the girls working the keg would hand out beers that had more head than beer, so they'd be calling us on the radio for help. silly girls... ;)

*learned how to pour beer VERY VERY well LOL*
hehe...

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Serving out of a tap was terrible at Christmas. I was lucky if I got one good beer out of 5 during that time. I think it had something to do with being so cold outside, I don't know. I do know how to poor beer out of a keg quite well. I served my share inside at Liberty Inn.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Angelique

*learned how to pour beer VERY VERY well LOL*
hehe...

bet it was during Food and Wine Festival? I learned that too! I still have problems openning a bottle of wine though! :D

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Angelique
*nods* yep... during food and wine. And I've opened so many bottles of wine... that I strained my wrist LOL.

jeez... I hated those "Large Wine Seminars" or the "Small wine seminar" or whatever it was called. I think I actually liked the large one better than the other one because there were less sessions! My bf used to go sit in there for hours and take the seminars after work, while I was pouring and serving glasses of wine! gggrrr! :rolleyes: I just smelled the wine! :(

But we all agreed that there was not a moe boring job than were you were asigned to "guard" the Kendall Jackson Gardens! :lol:

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

I was depressed cause I couldn't really go to the wine semniars.. well one cause I was under 21 and two cause I was always working during them lol.

The most BORING job is super greeting. This means I got paid (where there wasn't anything else to do) to go out, talk to the guests and pin trade. This is bad cause when this was the case there were FEW people in the park and TOO many supergreeters LOL.

But the most interesting thing I got paid to do was watching a movie.... and playing in inspiration station... (lol).

Upvote 0

Lome

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
I'm just going to stay hooked to the coke staion near Inoventions...lol... I cant stop laughing when i see a person taste the italy one or whatever.. That stuff is disgusting.. The after taste is horible.. lol :cry: ;) ;)
~ Justin

Belive it or not.. there's something worse than that italian soda!
It's a drink called 911...you can find it at the German Pavilion.. its just a shot made different liquors of Cinnamon and Peppermint... just be careful... I think just by the name you can have a guess about what this shot can do!:p :p :p

Upvote 0

Maria

hahaha... I loooooooved being a greeter! When I did it, I had to walk around the park and talkto people, but no landyard... thank God! I hated pin trading and people killing for the expensive pins!
I loved walking around WSC and I saw every single show in the pavillions! heehehe... my tour was according to the live entertainment schedule! :D I also walked sooooo much daily!! :cool:

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

I would have loved to give tours. But we had to stay in FW or WS either or.. and that got boring FAST. oh.. and not to forget greeting at Innoventions (or any other attraction.. in the heat... for hours.. where you get forgotten about.. Sorry I swear the Seas people hated me LOL.

Pins are FUN.. I loved working pins and carts. I loved talking to the guests there too. But some of them did scare me.

Upvote 0

Maria

hehe... It ws cool to be able to tour by ourselves! We also had to pick "the family of the day" and give them a tour of our pavillion followed by some snacks in the cantina. That, I loved to do! Although sometimes it was real hard to find a family willing to spend 30-40 mins with you learning from your culture and having some snacks with you... even when they were free and they would get a nice certificate after it!

I also worked greeting by the Fountain of Nations during the summer... real hot! so I was always taking pics and directing people around the blue walls before Millennium Celebration started. I loved it because the Fountain is my favorite spot, and we got so wet there! on purpose, of course! :D

After working hand in hand with Guest Relations people there, I was chosen to extend my contract and to work with them in the office opened in Millvill. I only worked there for 3 more months because my Q-1 visa didn´t allow me to extend it longer...sniff.. :(

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

I would love to do GR. I was thinking about applying for this summer but I can't get to a site cause I moved back to LA .. and actually to tell you the truth I don't know WHAT is up with the website but it just showed NEW Cali sites.. but no where near me *gr*.

I liked the guest interaction and I think the reason I had issues with supergreeting is cause we had to do that before we knew the park.. so we had to learn the entire park.. FAST. Well that and guests who when got upset when you tried to help them...

*has tons of stories LOL*

Is it crazy that I miss working there???

Upvote 0

Maria

LOL... I know! It is hard to answer questions and give directions when you don´t know it for sure yourself! I always had problems trying to remember which side of FW was open early on early opening days! It was funny though...

I personally don´t recall people getting upset with me... but I know that the reason I hate pin trading, was because I had to work in GR when the special Mill Celebration pin for Annual Passholders was given away in some special nights that they had to go to the park for the MillVill preview... well.... many of them didn´t go pick them up on those days and came back for them when the dates have already passed. Needless to say, we didn´t have the pins!! There was nothing we could say or do, people were so mad at us claiming them! The rule was that they had to go after park closing (the park staqyed opened "for them" for two more hours), so, out of those days and those extra hours, the pins were who knows where! Not in GR for sure! That almost drove us crazy! :rolleyes: ;)

(I hope none of the readers yelled at me! Did you all get your pins?);)

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

LOL okay well I worked Pins and Carts when limited editions were coming out and when the Annual Passholder pins came out so I understand... they can get testy if you are out of the pin they want *sighs*

I did have a guest threaten me.. but luckily I had a manager next to me so he watched over for awhile till the guest went away...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom