1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Google Wallet in Walt Disney World Parks

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by Flswimmer, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Flswimmer

Flswimmer Member

I have an idea that would definitely improve the guest experience, while also improving Walt Disney World Revenue. Lots of phones now are coming with NFC(Near Field Communication) built in, which allows users to pay with their mobile phones. I think Walt Disney World should partner with Google to bring Google Wallet to their theme parks(starting with Epcot). Maybe Epcot could even have a place where people could try it out(like a futuristic center of shopping). This would help Google promote their new product, help make it easier for people to pay quicker(ultimately reducing lines), and have a futuristic feel(tapping to pay with your phone). If you need more details about Google Wallet you can find them at http://www.google.com/wallet/, and i'm curious what other people's thoughts on this are.

2. kermitdefrog

kermitdefrog Well-Known Member

Great! This idea perfectly fits EPCOT's 1982 goal to "entertain, inform, and inspire."

3. SyracuseOrange

SyracuseOrange Well-Known Member

Interesting, but if the "key to the world bracelets" that we hear so much about are actually in the plan for the next couple years, Google Wallet would be an unnecessary step.

4. bhg469

bhg469 Well-Known Member

I just got a galaxy nexus today and once I unlocked Google wallet I thought about using it there. Anyone know if anyone accepts pay pass there?

5. SyracuseOrange

SyracuseOrange Well-Known Member

I don't *believe* so. I've been following the news on Google Wallet and the like, and I don't think THE WORLD is quite in with this yet.

6. bhg469

bhg469 Well-Known Member

Bummer. I just tried to use my free $10 from Google today at the store and it didn't go through. Its really neat tech though.

7. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

What's in it for Disney?
    Why give a slice of the revenue to someone else?

And not 'many phones' it's only a touch today have NFC.. there is no telling yet if it will take off in the states.

Credit card payments are very quick and are universally adopted.

This would benefit Google far more than Disney. It tries to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. Add on top of that, Disney already has it's own integrated billing system (your key to the world card) and will be adding RFID services of their own.