Good Dinosaur re-theming of DINOSAUR?

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
So on Nov. 25 The Good Dinosaur will be released, and I was thinking of what it would start up with in Disney. Then I remembered another dinosaur themed ride, simply called DINOSAUR. I then wondered if Disney would ever re-theme the ride to be instead of finding an iguanadon and escaping a carnotaurus, it would be about Arlo and Spot on an adventure with other dinosaurs from the movie. Do you think this could be a possible idea, or do you have any other ideas for the Good Dinosaur? Maybe turn Dinoland U.S.A. into a Good Dinosaur themed area?

blueboxdoctor

I'm good with both ideas you mentioned. A) It will bring people to the park, but may get overshadowed by Avatar land. B) Dinoland USA is kind of the weak link IMO, it needs a redesign and Dinosaur is just kind of boring and rough to ride on, an update would be nice.

Perhaps keep Dinosaur but just update/refurbish it and then theme Dinoland to match The Good Dinosaur (I still don't like that name for the movie, it just seems kind of like a lazy title).

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The EMV is thrill ride based. It would limit the very demographic the ride would be planned to attract. Like SGE but more severe.

That would be my biggest concern, I'd much rather see them somehow update Universe of Energy with the Good Dinosaur... though that might be kind of morbid... "he look kids, the decaying flesh of your favorite friendly dinosaur from the Good Dinosaur is now being used to power your car! Hooray!"

Heck, for that matter, just turn EPCOT into Pixar Place... The Good Dinosaur's Universe of Energy, Inside Out Imagination Pavilion, the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Cars Test Track, Coco attraction in Mexico, Disney Studios Paris clone of Ratatouille in France, Toy Story Presents an American Adventure, Brave attraction in England/Scottland, Wall-E's Mission Space, Bug's Life's Land, reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion as some Monsters Inc or Up tie-in attraction, and to top it all off, you paint Spaceship Earth to be the ball from Luxo Jr... or not (not a big fan of re-theming attractions to tie into new/popular movies if you couldn't tell)...

I've had 1 issue with the ride from opening day. The audio is too loud and unbalanced. And before you say I'm some sort of old fart, I'm 28. I'm an audio engineer and maybe I'm picky about stuff like that but everyone I speak with says the same thing. Hopefully if there is a refurb they address this issue, but I doubt it. As for the re theme, we'll see how the movie plays. If kids like it Disney is fine with removing old attractions to make way for a merch selling machine. (R.I.P Maelstrom)

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I'm good with both ideas you mentioned. A) It will bring people to the park, but may get overshadowed by Avatar land. B) Dinoland USA is kind of the weak link IMO, it needs a redesign and Dinosaur is just kind of boring and rough to ride on, an update would be nice.

Perhaps keep Dinosaur but just update/refurbish it and then theme Dinoland to match The Good Dinosaur (I still don't like that name for the movie, it just seems kind of like a lazy title).

You have a good theory there. It's not that I want a new ride, just a layover. They can keep the EMV thrill ride with the 40" height requirement. Just change the story up a bit.

rkelly42

Please leave it alone. We do not need all the rides themed after a disney/pixar movie. Maybe freshen it up a little or fix the audio if it a problem, but just leave it be.

WDWdream97

I see them putting in posters for he movie and maybe a meet n' greet somewhere down the road. We can only cross our fingers and hope the movie does very well and Dinoland is re-vamped.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Why retheme Dinosaur when Chester & Hester is just sitting there, taking up prime real estate and being terrible. Not to say Dinosaur doesn't need an update, but an IP being slapped onto it (again!) is not the way to go.

ikr? EVERYONE hates Chester and Hester. There is no point for it to be there. The only important attractions are DINOSAUR and Primeval Whirl.

Brer Panther

If they were gonna have the film replace something in Dinoland, it'd probably be Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama. Isn't Dinosaur too popular for them to get rid of?

cheezbat

Got a better idea....build an Omnimover for it in Dinoland. Maybe next to/behind Primeval Whirl. Heck, retheme the whole Chester and Hester area around it.

Dinosaur should stay the thrill ride it is. Animal Kingdom needs more family rides....and more rides total so why not add another ride instead of replacing?

AEfx

If they were gonna have the film replace something in Dinoland, it'd probably be Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama. Isn't Dinosaur too popular for them to get rid of?

Particularly since it's the only real dark ride in the park, at least at the moment.

If anything, re-theme Primeval Whirl if they really needed to.

French Quarter

I don't think they will or should re-theme Dinosaur. However, I think they should make use of the film in another part of Dinoland. At the very least, I'm hoping for a meet and greet like @WDWdream97 said:

I see them putting in posters for he movie and maybe a meet n' greet somewhere down the road. We can only cross our fingers and hope the movie does very well and Dinoland is re-vamped.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I would think since DINOSAUR is still a semi-popular thrill ride, they would actually put The Good Dinosaur in Ellen's Energy Adventure. Probably with replacing much of the theatre spaces with queue line and maybe two pre-shows, then an expanded ride without screens, themed to the story.

It would just make more sense, in my opinion, in Ellen's Energy Adventure.. Considering that area of the park has nothing going for it right now anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom