Pre-Trip Gonna end up fat and single...

Hey guys, :p

1701CD8C-DC7F-4149-A29F-32B22E2EDFB6_zpsamcm9ds3.jpg

I finally am getting around to writing a true pre-trip report. Usually, my Disney plans are set in stone oh, you know, 180 days out…. But planning this trip has been so different! I have changed my mind constantly about what day we’ll go to what park, what time we’ll eat at what restaurant, and even what restaurants to book an ADR for. Disney has not been cooperating either, as I have no idea when the Star Wars fireworks will be, or what time Animal Kingdom will stay open until, and if Rivers of Light will even be a nighttime show in the fall. I have been pulling out my hair, driving myself (as well as my boyfriend) completely and utterly crazy. He just doesn’t understand the struggle of planning THE ULTIMATE DISNEY TRIP. My boyfriend has literally given me NO input, so I’m on my own. Okay, maybe he did suggest T-Rex and returning to Teppan Edo and I shut him, but that’s beside the point. ;);)

5A4D8A01-3AFD-4E7F-AEE1-924D67D003CF_zpswdnhbibg.jpg

Myself and my BF, Joe

Now don’t get me wrong, I think of one the best parts of any Disney trip is the planning process! I sit at my computer with butterflies in my stomach looking at menus, and park hours, and firework show times. I probably have ten tabs open at all times of solely Disney websites. I wake up every morning and refresh my app to check on my reservations, just to make sure this is all real and not one big dream. I get myself all giddy and try to share my Disney planning accomplishments with people in my everyday life and they just don’t feel the same way!

Me: “Babe, I scored us a Be Our Guest reservation at 12 noon on our first day! TAKE A LOOK AT DEM APPLES.”
BF: “Nicole, what?! Are you talking Disney to me?”

So here I am, to share with you good people who understand my love and obsession with all things Disney and Disney planning. Without further ado, here are my pre-trip plans!
I’m too excited to sleep!!

My boyfriend and I are going to Disney from Friday, November 4th until Sunday, November 13th. That’s 10 days, 9 nights in my most favorite city in the world, the one, the only, Orlando!

F88589B0-FFD9-4CB5-B057-A4F83E654ADD_zpsvkdtvfdf.jpg

We have gone once before together, back in 2011, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I was not as knowledgeable back then, and we ended up just stumbling upon the Food and Wine Festival, and completely missing the Christmas Party. (Who knew these things existed? Who was I?)

168F4334-3DD0-4C54-9E33-C3DB38B40143_zpsxbpwlrt8.jpg

I moved last year to the Philadelphia area, so we will be flying out of Philadelphia at 6:10 PM, arriving in Orlando at 8:57 PM.

8902950F-7FEF-42FA-8CCB-8EB0BC305D60_zpsq6ebeilz.jpg

a0556c40-88d0-4e33-bb13-ab9a600f282b_zpsqupfnogi.png

Here’s hoping I can find my way around the Philadelphia airport, because as we all know, I am severely directionally challenged.
We plan to do 6 days at Disney, with the magic your way tickets with park hoppers and the water park add on, check out the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and spend 2 days at Universal (the dark side). Last Christmas, I read the Harry Potter series, for the first time, and I just could not put the books down. My boyfriend dragged me to his work Christmas party, after just finding out Dumbledore freaking dies, and I had everyone at his dinner table consoling me. We had a movie marathon, and I just think it’s time I checked out these other parks in my beloved city of Orlando.

AF851F05-B263-4735-97F6-4E701AEBB017_zps3xf9kq9i.jpg

09D7A238-2FE1-4DC5-B67D-8A983BB3233F_zpsgjkoakrl.jpg

48B87CBD-6876-4666-B9DF-E2D404288425_zpsox9i02f4.jpg

CA08DCE9-2E26-4497-A922-6F8738CD964F_zpsvtffxwk3.jpg

Since we fly in at night, and are trekking over to the dark side, this leaves us with an abundance of table service credits. Seems like such a great predicament to be in (right?!), but this has made planning my dining so tough! Where to eat, where to eat!? Now, a girl is not complaining, because after moving out of my parents’ house, I now know how hard it is to make dinner every night. (Mama, I miss your home cooking.) You must plan out what is needed at the grocery store, and you never realize the time and effort that goes into a meal that you devour in less than ten minutes flat. Is it strange that I am most looking forward to not cooking for ten days? I APPRECIATE YOU DINING PLAN.

I went back and forth between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside. I was even pricing out All Star Sports and Art of Animation. After much debate, with myself, I finally settled on Riverside. The resort looks super gorgeous with a touch of romance, and I still can’t decide if I want to be in Alligator Bayou or The Mansions. It’s all just too beautiful that I think I may leave that decision up to the Disney Gods.

18710CC7-7643-4E9D-BA1D-B672C8F133CE_zps8faz9f6x.jpg

41D854F9-B570-44B4-9391-AB3D3EF8848B_zpscleotckq.png

420939EB-9CC1-493D-BCF2-C8CEE2BF3EEB_zpsy5jokt7a.png

C418CE07-0A98-4917-9F90-1AD56C017605_zpsuvnxa5ei.png

So there’s the basics, the flight, the hotel, the tickets. Now onto the details!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I'm already in Christmas gear acquisition mode! I have two pairs of custom ears made by a fabulous ear wizard named Minnie And Company but all of the other wonderful ear makers on Etsy/Instagram will likely start advertising their custom Christmas ears probably between late September or early October (they're still in Halloween mode). I'm just a psycho and wanted my customs made as early as possible to avoid the last minute rush.

LOL, i feel you on wanting your ears before the mad rush! As soon as my alarm goes off in the morning, I am on the Disney Parks shopping app, checking to see if they are available! I hope they come out soon or else I am going to etsy! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Two of my more interesting flight stories come out of Philly. First, I enjoy seeing the Naval Ships you can see on approach. Kind of spooky to see that many tied up so close together. It has been a few years, I wonder if they are still there?

Second, on one flight, as we are about to land, the pilot does a touch and go due to another plane being slow to exit the runaway. Impact was not imminent but it was close enough. The cool part, the plane did a short circle, fairly low and over the city to get lined up again. I was in a window seat on the inside and when the plane banked it almost felt like you could touch the buildings. Cool but maybe spooky to those on the ground, in a 9/11 kind of way?

What crazy incidents! I would love to be that close to the buildings in a plane, must have been a breath taking view! It does sound a little spooky, I must admit, but what an awesome life experience! Let's hope the only tale I tell about the Philly airport, is that I get to go to Disney from there!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
GUYSSSSSSSSSSS

MY DHS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NOV 9 AND NOW ROCK N ROLL IS DOWN FOR REFURB... DO I SWITCH MY DHS AND UNI DAYS TO RIDE AND GIVE UP MAMA MELROSE FANTASMIC PACKAGE, OR DO I JUST ADD A QUICK PIT STOP TO DHS ON ONE OF MY OTHER PARK DAYS TO RIDE ROCK AND ROLL? DO I SWITCH ALL MY DINING, YET AGAIN, OR JUST LET IT GO?!?!?!?

HELP

#SOS

Longers

Stick with the original plan. Either pop in and queue or Maybe just swap the fast pass days out with another day - switch the fast passes and maybe park hop queuing rides for AM and fast pass PM? Can't believe we are fast pass booking on Monday. :)

coachwnh

GUYSSSSSSSSSSS

MY DHS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NOV 9 AND NOW ROCK N ROLL IS DOWN FOR REFURB... DO I SWITCH MY DHS AND UNI DAYS TO RIDE AND GIVE UP MAMA MELROSE FANTASMIC PACKAGE, OR DO I JUST ADD A QUICK PIT STOP TO DHS ON ONE OF MY OTHER PARK DAYS TO RIDE ROCK AND ROLL? DO I SWITCH ALL MY DINING, YET AGAIN, OR JUST LET IT GO?!?!?!?

HELP

#SOS
Just start one morning at DHS to ride at opening, then head back to your original park. wont change much.

Zipadeelady

HOW AM I JUST READING THIS REPORT!! I was so wrapped up in my own Disneyness that I total missed your report!!

Riverside!! = Whoo Hoo!! I love POR.

Harry Potter, I'm so excited that your going. I've only been to Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley wasn't built yet so I'm a little jealous. Split a pumpkin juice with Joe, everyone has to try it at least once. (while your there make sure you ride Spiderman. It's a great ride)

I finally got to try the PB&J shake at 50's. Worth all the hype! It was delicious, and now I'm craving one since I'm talking about it. :hungry: I wonder if you could walk up and just order a shake to go?

cdeev8690

Also, I was thinking about your mouse ears, and I recently found an awesome person on Instagram who makes some really incredible designs. Her tag is @uniqueearsbyili. Highly encourage checking out her page :)

Yes! Her ears are beautiful! They may be on the more expensive side just because of all of the work and materials that go into her customs. Honestly though, all of the custom ears shops are getting pretty pricey, especially the popular ones. A newer shop with really good quality and fair prices is Fairy God Sisters. If you DM'd them on Etsy or Instagram, they'd probably be willing to start making you a pair of Christmas ears early!

To give you an idea - I spent about $50 per custom from Minnie and Company which was well worth it. She specializes in wire and is a genius with pliers in her hand. Here are the photos of the ears I ordered (the first Winter Wonderland theme and the Splash Mountain were customs we discussed and came up with, the Jingle Cruise ears were pre-orders she listed on her Etsy a month or so back)

IMG_4183_zpsksabxceo.jpg

IMG_4171_zpsp4tzqj4v.jpg

IMG_4523_zpsabu1wxbi.jpg

Just because I think they're the coolest ears on the planet

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-01%20at%2012.41.23%20PM_zpstdcrdwqp.png

She's well worth the price and wait - just have to be quick the next time she has a shop opening to take more customs. She reserves limited spots for customs during the shop openings (about 15 or so) and they happen maybe once a month, depending on how long the customs take her. I'm still waiting for my Jingle Cruise ears to arrive because she had an issue with getting the christmas lights

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I would just try for a quick pit stop to ride RNR. Seems too complicated to switch things all around. Especially with the ADR's that hard to get.
I agree, just try to make a quick trip in to ride.
I'll echo everyone else, just hop over there one day. Maybe one day when you're at Epcot? You could walk over to HS and ride, then walk or bus back. It's a long walk, but if you take it easy it's really pleasant. Also BREATHE!!!!! :joyfull:
Agree with everyone else, pop in one day just for a quick ride! Too crazy/stressful to try and rearrange everything (again ;)).

Also, I was thinking about your mouse ears, and I recently found an awesome person on Instagram who makes some really incredible designs. Her tag is @uniqueearsbyili. Highly encourage checking out her page :)

Thank you all! The night the refurb was announced, I may have drank a tad too many Spiked Seltzers and wrote a very heartfelt email to Disney. Someone contacted me today, saying they will call me tomorrow if they can change my Fantasmic package Mama Melrose ADR to November 11th, instead of the 9th. I've never talked to a more sincere cast member, so I gotta give Disney that. Any I thought drinking would get me in trouble...

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
HOW AM I JUST READING THIS REPORT!! I was so wrapped up in my own Disneyness that I total missed your report!!

Riverside!! = Whoo Hoo!! I love POR.

Harry Potter, I'm so excited that your going. I've only been to Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley wasn't built yet so I'm a little jealous. Split a pumpkin juice with Joe, everyone has to try it at least once. (while your there make sure you ride Spiderman. It's a great ride)

I finally got to try the PB&J shake at 50's. Worth all the hype! It was delicious, and now I'm craving one since I'm talking about it. :hungry: I wonder if you could walk up and just order a shake to go?

Will definitley get some pumpkin juice! Looking forward to Harry Potter so much! And way to rub it in about the PB&J shake.. LOL! If there is a walk up way, I will find it out! I need one of those beauties in my life!

Glad you love POR! I am soooo thrilled to be staying there! Have heard sooo many wonderful things! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yes! Her ears are beautiful! They may be on the more expensive side just because of all of the work and materials that go into her customs. Honestly though, all of the custom ears shops are getting pretty pricey, especially the popular ones. A newer shop with really good quality and fair prices is Fairy God Sisters. If you DM'd them on Etsy or Instagram, they'd probably be willing to start making you a pair of Christmas ears early!

To give you an idea - I spent about $50 per custom from Minnie and Company which was well worth it. She specializes in wire and is a genius with pliers in her hand. Here are the photos of the ears I ordered (the first Winter Wonderland theme and the Splash Mountain were customs we discussed and came up with, the Jingle Cruise ears were pre-orders she listed on her Etsy a month or so back)

IMG_4183_zpsksabxceo.jpg

IMG_4171_zpsp4tzqj4v.jpg

IMG_4523_zpsabu1wxbi.jpg

Just because I think they're the coolest ears on the planet

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-01%20at%2012.41.23%20PM_zpstdcrdwqp.png

She's well worth the price and wait - just have to be quick the next time she has a shop opening to take more customs. She reserves limited spots for customs during the shop openings (about 15 or so) and they happen maybe once a month, depending on how long the customs take her. I'm still waiting for my Jingle Cruise ears to arrive because she had an issue with getting the christmas lights

Those are seriously so BEAUTIFUL and unique! I would feel like royalty wearing them! What a nice set of Mickey ears!!!!

SSH

And way to rub it in about the PB&J shake.. LOL! If there is a walk up way, I will find it out! I need one of those beauties in my life!:)

Just pop into the restaurant's bar (tune in lounge) anytime they're open: you can order one there without the dining ressie, I believe? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Bonus: the bar looks like a fun spot to hang out - I've tried a couple of times but they've always been packed when I stopped in.

(I've never tried the virgin PB&J, but hmmm...I wonder if they'd be willing to spike it with a little rum - I may try that next time.) :hungry::hungry::hungry:

geebee721

Finally caught up on your pre trip report and your plans and dining sound amazing! We are going in 144 days, and will be going to Universal for the first time since I was 12...so I can't wait to read your report about it! Fantasmic and Star War fireworks are definitely doable on the same night. We did it when we went last February and it was amazing. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I definitely got all the feels watching the fireworks and hearing the music from the movie. And fingers crossed for a Disney engagement!! We were walking through the Boardwalk last time and a couple was getting married and had Donald and Goofy dressed in tuxedos at the ceremony....I died a little!! This year is our five year anniversary...the same day as your birthday :) and I want to get our vows renewed so bad when we go....just so I can have characters at the ceremony...that's normal right? Lol. Can't wait to read all about your trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom