Pre-Trip Gonna end up fat and single...

Hey guys, :p

1701CD8C-DC7F-4149-A29F-32B22E2EDFB6_zpsamcm9ds3.jpg

I finally am getting around to writing a true pre-trip report. Usually, my Disney plans are set in stone oh, you know, 180 days out…. But planning this trip has been so different! I have changed my mind constantly about what day we’ll go to what park, what time we’ll eat at what restaurant, and even what restaurants to book an ADR for. Disney has not been cooperating either, as I have no idea when the Star Wars fireworks will be, or what time Animal Kingdom will stay open until, and if Rivers of Light will even be a nighttime show in the fall. I have been pulling out my hair, driving myself (as well as my boyfriend) completely and utterly crazy. He just doesn’t understand the struggle of planning THE ULTIMATE DISNEY TRIP. My boyfriend has literally given me NO input, so I’m on my own. Okay, maybe he did suggest T-Rex and returning to Teppan Edo and I shut him, but that’s beside the point. ;);)

5A4D8A01-3AFD-4E7F-AEE1-924D67D003CF_zpswdnhbibg.jpg

Myself and my BF, Joe

Now don’t get me wrong, I think of one the best parts of any Disney trip is the planning process! I sit at my computer with butterflies in my stomach looking at menus, and park hours, and firework show times. I probably have ten tabs open at all times of solely Disney websites. I wake up every morning and refresh my app to check on my reservations, just to make sure this is all real and not one big dream. I get myself all giddy and try to share my Disney planning accomplishments with people in my everyday life and they just don’t feel the same way!

Me: “Babe, I scored us a Be Our Guest reservation at 12 noon on our first day! TAKE A LOOK AT DEM APPLES.”
BF: “Nicole, what?! Are you talking Disney to me?”

So here I am, to share with you good people who understand my love and obsession with all things Disney and Disney planning. Without further ado, here are my pre-trip plans!
I’m too excited to sleep!!

My boyfriend and I are going to Disney from Friday, November 4th until Sunday, November 13th. That’s 10 days, 9 nights in my most favorite city in the world, the one, the only, Orlando!

F88589B0-FFD9-4CB5-B057-A4F83E654ADD_zpsvkdtvfdf.jpg

We have gone once before together, back in 2011, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I was not as knowledgeable back then, and we ended up just stumbling upon the Food and Wine Festival, and completely missing the Christmas Party. (Who knew these things existed? Who was I?)

168F4334-3DD0-4C54-9E33-C3DB38B40143_zpsxbpwlrt8.jpg

I moved last year to the Philadelphia area, so we will be flying out of Philadelphia at 6:10 PM, arriving in Orlando at 8:57 PM.

8902950F-7FEF-42FA-8CCB-8EB0BC305D60_zpsq6ebeilz.jpg

a0556c40-88d0-4e33-bb13-ab9a600f282b_zpsqupfnogi.png

Here’s hoping I can find my way around the Philadelphia airport, because as we all know, I am severely directionally challenged.
We plan to do 6 days at Disney, with the magic your way tickets with park hoppers and the water park add on, check out the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and spend 2 days at Universal (the dark side). Last Christmas, I read the Harry Potter series, for the first time, and I just could not put the books down. My boyfriend dragged me to his work Christmas party, after just finding out Dumbledore freaking dies, and I had everyone at his dinner table consoling me. We had a movie marathon, and I just think it’s time I checked out these other parks in my beloved city of Orlando.

AF851F05-B263-4735-97F6-4E701AEBB017_zps3xf9kq9i.jpg

09D7A238-2FE1-4DC5-B67D-8A983BB3233F_zpsgjkoakrl.jpg

48B87CBD-6876-4666-B9DF-E2D404288425_zpsox9i02f4.jpg

CA08DCE9-2E26-4497-A922-6F8738CD964F_zpsvtffxwk3.jpg

Since we fly in at night, and are trekking over to the dark side, this leaves us with an abundance of table service credits. Seems like such a great predicament to be in (right?!), but this has made planning my dining so tough! Where to eat, where to eat!? Now, a girl is not complaining, because after moving out of my parents’ house, I now know how hard it is to make dinner every night. (Mama, I miss your home cooking.) You must plan out what is needed at the grocery store, and you never realize the time and effort that goes into a meal that you devour in less than ten minutes flat. Is it strange that I am most looking forward to not cooking for ten days? I APPRECIATE YOU DINING PLAN.

I went back and forth between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside. I was even pricing out All Star Sports and Art of Animation. After much debate, with myself, I finally settled on Riverside. The resort looks super gorgeous with a touch of romance, and I still can’t decide if I want to be in Alligator Bayou or The Mansions. It’s all just too beautiful that I think I may leave that decision up to the Disney Gods.

18710CC7-7643-4E9D-BA1D-B672C8F133CE_zps8faz9f6x.jpg

41D854F9-B570-44B4-9391-AB3D3EF8848B_zpscleotckq.png

420939EB-9CC1-493D-BCF2-C8CEE2BF3EEB_zpsy5jokt7a.png

C418CE07-0A98-4917-9F90-1AD56C017605_zpsuvnxa5ei.png

So there’s the basics, the flight, the hotel, the tickets. Now onto the details!

Second Star to the Right

[QUOTE="prfctlyximprct, post: 7356635, member: 84657"

I ordered ears on etsy and while they were fine for the day, I don't think they would survive multiple trips. :arghh::arghh: I don't know...I'm sure they have awesome quality ears on there.. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip! Recommend any sellers?
[/QUOTE]

I just received 3 pairs of ears from Modern Mouse Boutique and the quality looks excellent! Haven't put them to the test in the parks yet, but I think they will definitely hold up.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I have gotten some from Shopmymouse. These are really light and use the thin headbands, which I like because they actually stay in my hair (I have no texture in my hair). They are definitely not the quality of the Disney ones, but I just like that I can get unique designs :) I've actually never bought any from the parks! I've heard though that the glued ones aren't as good in the heat because the glue can melt! So I'm anxious to see if mine melt when I'm there in Oct.

If you're used to the parks ears, I'd just stick with those. The handmade ones might be disappointing in the quality department

I will definitely check them out! I just like to collect things, I'm a hoarder just like Ariel, so I'm sad the Elsa ears I bought off Etsy didn't last for more than one trip! I have so many ears in my shopping cart, just waiting to be purchased~! Going to give it a few more weeks to see if the Christmas ones come out so I only pay shipping once! Haha!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Pretty sure I heard on a podcast that the MVMCP tshirt a will be out mid October. So maybe the ears will come out then too.
Thank you! I want to order them before going, I know, I'm crazy, so I hope they are out soon!

I got my ears last year sometime around the end of September! It becomes really obvious when they are available because they are all over Facebook if you are in any of the Disney groups :)
Thank you :) I will keep stalking the website and app.. I wake up every morning and check for ears, park hours, and rivers of light. I have a serious problem!

I ordered ears on etsy and while they were fine for the day, I don't think they would survive multiple trips. :arghh::arghh: I don't know...I'm sure they have awesome quality ears on there.. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip! Recommend any sellers?

I just received 3 pairs of ears from Modern Mouse Boutique and the quality looks excellent! Haven't put them to the test in the parks yet, but I think they will definitely hold up.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I will for sure look them up!

Love the Christmas shirt! My mom found the Christmas ears for me at Goodwill or something somewhere in Florida for CHEAP. We cleaned them up and they're good as new! Hoping you find a deal soon. :)

Lucky duck! I think they are super cute because not only are they Christmas, but they remind me of Ariel! Haha![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
329F10F8-A2DF-4EBF-A3C7-D3F4B69029D0_zpsete7hjs4.jpg

Anxiously awaiting Christmas ears to come out!!!

Really cute picture of the two of you... :)

You definitely need to add to that ears collection. If your friend wasn't able to get you the Christmas ears ( I've seen them year round in the Liberty Square Christmas store) or you can't wait for your trip or them to show up online (don't know why not online - every other Christmas ears are), then try here:

http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney-...nnie-Mouse-Ear-Headband-with-Bow_p_19740.html

I've gotten some pretty rare Disney merchandise through them. They are located not too far from WDW and actually go pick up the stuff from the parks.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Really cute picture of the two of you... :)

You definitely need to add to that ears collection. If your friend wasn't able to get you the Christmas ears ( I've seen them year round in the Liberty Square Christmas store) or you can't wait for your trip or them to show up online (don't know why not online - every other Christmas ears are), then try here:

http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney-...nnie-Mouse-Ear-Headband-with-Bow_p_19740.html

I've gotten some pretty rare Disney merchandise through them. They are located not too far from WDW and actually go pick up the stuff from the parks.

She checked Liberty Square when she was there last week and unfortunately... no ears :( I've been checking the app everyday, hopefully they come out soon! I really want them before my trip, because, I am psycho!

Thank you so much for the link! They are on there currently, but are 40 bucks. Gonna wait a few more weeks to see if Disney comes out with them...

cdeev8690

FF1C83AD-797B-41C7-821D-07DB166F8F1D_zpsyv0wgy7p.jpg

Christmas T-shirt / Ugly sweater... Yay or Nay for the Christmas party? (obviously not these shorts)

I need the Christmas ears! I hope they put them up for sale soon! :)

I'm already in Christmas gear acquisition mode! I have two pairs of custom ears made by a fabulous ear wizard named Minnie And Company but all of the other wonderful ear makers on Etsy/Instagram will likely start advertising their custom Christmas ears probably between late September or early October (they're still in Halloween mode). I'm just a psycho and wanted my customs made as early as possible to avoid the last minute rush.

WildcatDen

Thanks for your tips! I will give Philly airport the benefit of the doubt and go in with an open mind! :)
Two of my more interesting flight stories come out of Philly. First, I enjoy seeing the Naval Ships you can see on approach. Kind of spooky to see that many tied up so close together. It has been a few years, I wonder if they are still there?

Second, on one flight, as we are about to land, the pilot does a touch and go due to another plane being slow to exit the runaway. Impact was not imminent but it was close enough. The cool part, the plane did a short circle, fairly low and over the city to get lined up again. I was in a window seat on the inside and when the plane banked it almost felt like you could touch the buildings. Cool but maybe spooky to those on the ground, in a 9/11 kind of way?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom