Golf cart rental poll

Would you rent a golf cart at Ft. Wilderness Cabins?

• Yes

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Just curious what everyone has done in the past? Any specific cabin recommendations are welcome too. Thanks

Disney Drew

We have visited 3 times now, and wouldn't do it without the cart - yes, it makes a somewhat expensive visit even more so, but it makes it so easy to get around the "resort". As far as cabins go, again, we've stayed in Loop 2800 (Willow Way) - very close to the main building and parking area - also where the park buses are caught, so this is very convenient. If you like the thought of taking the boats more often, then the loops closer to that end of the resort (Bobcat Bend/Spanish Moss Way?) would be better. We have found that there always is room to park our cart wherever we go. There is also lots to do - the campfire sing-along followed by the movie is a favourite, and viewing wishes from the beach is always a must do for us too (soundtrack piped out to the beach area). We have also enjoyed the archery lessons. Whatever you choose, I don't think you can go wrong. Have a MAGICAL visit!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We have visited 3 times now, and wouldn't do it without the cart - yes, it makes a somewhat expensive visit even more so, but it makes it so easy to get around the "resort". As far as cabins go, again, we've stayed in Loop 2800 (Willow Way) - very close to the main building and parking area - also where the park buses are caught, so this is very convenient. If you like the thought of taking the boats more often, then the loops closer to that end of the resort (Bobcat Bend/Spanish Moss Way?) would be better. We have found that there always is room to park our cart wherever we go. There is also lots to do - the campfire sing-along followed by the movie is a favourite, and viewing wishes from the beach is always a must do for us too (soundtrack piped out to the beach area). We have also enjoyed the archery lessons. Whatever you choose, I don't think you can go wrong. Have a MAGICAL visit!

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I really appreciate it. Do you have any idea how much the cart costs daily? I was seeing $60 in other threads, but I don't know if that is a "dated" amount. Thanks also for the recommendations on where to stay. Curious if staying near the buses, if it's loud? We will be napping in the afternoon and probably have a few early nights bc the littlest ones are 6 months and 3 years old. Thanks again for the info!!!!!

MySmallWorldof4

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I really appreciate it. Do you have any idea how much the cart costs daily? I was seeing $60 in other threads, but I don't know if that is a "dated" amount. Thanks also for the recommendations on where to stay. Curious if staying near the buses, if it's loud? We will be napping in the afternoon and probably have a few early nights bc the littlest ones are 6 months and 3 years old. Thanks again for the info!!!!!
I think it is still $60 a day for a cart. My kids LOVE the cart and we wouldn't stay there without one. It is also helpful to have the cart if you want to pick up something from the mercantile or pick up some food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner from P&J's Southern Takeout. You or your husband can go while someone stays with the kids.

We never really heard the bus while staying at the cabins. It is relatively quiet there.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I think it is still $60 a day for a cart. My kids LOVE the cart and we wouldn't stay there without one. It is also helpful to have the cart if you want to pick up something from the mercantile or pick up some food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner from P&J's Southern Takeout. You or your husband can go while someone stays with the kids.

We never really heard the bus while staying at the cabins. It is relatively quiet there.

Awesome to know. My step son is 17 and has a drivers license... Do you know if he would be able to drive the cart? Again, I really appreciate all the help!!!!

BigRedDad

I would use an offsite golf cart rental place. It will be less. There are a few that can bring it in to your site. Others you have to meet at the parking lot (unless this all changed).

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I would use an offsite golf cart rental place. It will be less. There are a few that can bring it in to your site. Others you have to meet at the parking lot (unless this all changed).

Yes. I have been looking into this as well. I think it's half the price of Disney's price.

Kman

I believe this has either been completely banned or is so difficult that it is no longer worth the effort. I think I found out last time we were there that Disney no longer allowed any outside rental companies on property.

Kman

Just curious what everyone has done in the past? Any specific cabin recommendations are welcome too. Thanks

We have done this the last two times. In both instances I rented a cart sporadically throughout our stay. We would plan to be in the resort for 2 or 3 days just hanging out mostly and I would rent it for that time
When we knew we would not be in the resort for a few days (visiting parks etc.) Then I wouldn't rent it. It helped keep the cost down. All that being said it was awesome to have and if I wasn't so cheap I would keep it for the entire stay. Just couldn't bring myself to spend that money

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I believe this has either been completely banned or is so difficult that it is no longer worth the effort. I think I found out last time we were there that Disney no longer allowed any outside rental companies on property.

Say it isn't so!!!

Disney Drew

We have rented the cart for the whole stay each time. It also comes in very handy if you decide to do laundry (we would take less baggage and do a laundry half way through). And as for hearing the buses - we never did either.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Was archery a good experience? And what is there to do for an almost 2 year old (with his dad) while his sister and I are at archery? (We are not staying at Fort Wilderness by the way)

Disney Drew

Was archery a good experience? And what is there to do for an almost 2 year old (with his dad) while his sister and I are at archery? (We are not staying at Fort Wilderness by the way)
Archery was GREAT - we've done it 3 times and are actually looking into purchasing equipment ourselves and getting into a club of some sort. Wow, 2 year old - never been with a 2 year old (youngest has been our niece when she turned 6). I know they have ponds around the same area, and I think there's fishing and boats...there was also a tye-dye tee shirt activity at one point. There's bike rentals as well. I'm hoping I can get this to work - here's the link for recreation at the resort....https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/recreation/

Hope this helps - Enjoy your visit!!!

MotherofaPrincessLover

Archery was GREAT - we've done it 3 times and are actually looking into purchasing equipment ourselves and getting into a club of some sort. Wow, 2 year old - never been with a 2 year old (youngest has been our niece when she turned 6). I know they have ponds around the same area, and I think there's fishing and boats...there was also a tye-dye tee shirt activity at one point. There's bike rentals as well. I'm hoping I can get this to work - here's the link for recreation at the resort....https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/recreation/

Hope this helps - Enjoy your visit!!!
Thanks!

BASS

I can't recall the cabin I stayed at, but we essentially had the cabin closest to the boat transportation. A golf cart was entirely unnecessary for us. I have no idea how accommodating Disney can be for a specific cabin, but if you can make a request and get the closer cabin, you may save some $ on a cart rental.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I can't recall the cabin I stayed at, but we essentially had the cabin closest to the boat transportation. A golf cart was entirely unnecessary for us. I have no idea how accommodating Disney can be for a specific cabin, but if you can make a request and get the closer cabin, you may save some $ on a cart rental.

Great idea. I plan on at least seeing where we are location-wise to the transportation spots and then going from there on whether to rent one or not. Thanks for the heads up.

stillgoofy

Great idea. I plan on at least seeing where we are location-wise to the transportation spots and then going from there on whether to rent one or not. Thanks for the heads up.
I believe the loop of cabins closest to boat transportation was the loop of cabins that they removed this past year. We were there in May and they were pulling them all out to make more campsites, I guess. We stayed in the cabins for 2 nights and rented a golf cart and used it a lot for store, campfire sing along/movies, pools, restaurants, horse barn, bike barn, boat dock, and just to explore. We loved it and wouldn't have been able to do as much stuff without it. We reserved ahead of time which I would recommend. Depending on the time of year they could all be reserved if you wait until same day. Not sure how many they have though but I have heard of folks not being able to get them based on availability.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I believe the loop of cabins closest to boat transportation was the loop of cabins that they removed this past year. We were there in May and they were pulling them all out to make more campsites, I guess. We stayed in the cabins for 2 nights and rented a golf cart and used it a lot for store, campfire sing along/movies, pools, restaurants, horse barn, bike barn, boat dock, and just to explore. We loved it and wouldn't have been able to do as much stuff without it. We reserved ahead of time which I would recommend. Depending on the time of year they could all be reserved if you wait until same day. Not sure how many they have though but I have heard of folks not being able to get them based on availability.

Definitely good to know. Thank you!!!!!

buseegal

take one of buses to Hoop Dee Doo area and walk to the horse barn and look at the horses. he could pay for a pony ride that he could lead toddler on, must have closed shoes no sandals. plus there are a number of park like playgrounds around the campground

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom