Gold Pass break even point

BuzzLIghtYear2010

Original Poster
If you add the advance price for Memory maker ($169) to a 6-day park hopper ($414) it equals the price of a Gold Pass. For the one member of the family that is buying MM, is there any difference?

Vipor51

Honestly I am curious about this question as well. My question is that the GOLD Pass reads that the photopass access is only to the passholder only.

I will be traveling with 6 of us in which 4 of us will be passholders. My concern is that it will be a complete pain if everyone has to manage their photos individually and we are not able to link all of our accounts like we were able to with Memory Maker.

I hope this all makes sense but Memory Maker was a breeze to link everyone together and download all of the photos with one click. Managing photos separately would be a nightmare.

I plan on getting annual passes for my family as we will be visiting in mid may in 2015 and early May (the week prior) in 2016. This should save us a good amount of cash.

JaxFLBear

From the My Disney Experience Terms & Conditions LINK:
The AP Guest will have the ability to download any photos and other digital content shared by members of the AP Guest's Family & Friends list.

DisneyPhotoPassDownloads.jpg

dreamfinder

Honestly I am curious about this question as well. My question is that the GOLD Pass reads that the photopass access is only to the passholder only.

Technically yes, the access is for the passholder only. Their friends and family cannot download the pictures that the passholder is entitled to, but the passholder can download any pictures that they see in their MDE account, including those that are linked to by friends and family.

Vipor51

Perfect! Then things should work just like Memory Maker as long as I the annual passholder do the downloading and everyone in my party shares photos with each other and we are all linked on MDE "Friends and Family List" which we already are.

Wow how complicated can we make a Disney Vacation? LOL.

DisneyFans4Life

Has anyone been able to add this perk to their AP? My wife and I renewed back in September right before this came out and were interested to see if we could add this PP option to our current AP. If it's possible, do you know how much it costs?

dreamfinder

Has anyone been able to add this perk to their AP? My wife and I renewed back in September right before this came out and were interested to see if we could add this PP option to our current AP. If it's possible, do you know how much it costs?

You cannot "add the perk", but would need to upgrade/transfer to a new pass. When the change in AP's was initially announced, people did report being able to upgrade their AP to the new APs. I don't think anyone knows how long they will allow that to continue. You pay the full cost of the difference, with no prorating. The exact cost will depend on what pass you currently have, but I think most people were reporting it was around $160ish, basically the same as one MM purchase.

DisneyFans4Life

You cannot "add the perk", but would need to upgrade/transfer to a new pass. When the change in AP's was initially announced, people did report being able to upgrade their AP to the new APs. I don't think anyone knows how long they will allow that to continue. You pay the full cost of the difference, with no prorating. The exact cost will depend on what pass you currently have, but I think most people were reporting it was around $160ish, basically the same as one MM purchase.
Ah..that makes sense then. If that's the case, I will just wait until we have to upgrade next September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom