Going to FL in August... help needed

Marni K

Original Poster
Hello all! So excited to be able to ask my "dumb" questions here! My hubby and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary (which was July 5th) with a trip to Orlando once both kids are tucked away in college. We have 4 days at Universal and then 5 at WDW. We are staying at the Royal Pacific while at Universal. We have stayed there once before (4 years ago). I have some questions-

1) Coffee pots- what type? I want to have enough of MY coffee!! There is never enough decaf in the rooms for my night coffee!

2) We will not have a car for the Universal portion of the trip (we will rent one at the RP for the disney part of the trip). We want to uber or lyft from the airport to grocery store, then to the hotel. Has anyone done this recently? Especially since the change in policy for ride share. Any tips or help would be greatly useful!

3) For Volcano Bay- We have heard that renting the two person lounger with the locked box is the way to go. Anyone done this? How much is a locker if we don't go this route? I have read no shoes on the rides (we are from Texas where the ground is HOT at the waterparks and you must wear shoes) do you need to wear shoes around the park because of the ground? Is there a place to store them while on the rides? Towels? Does the hotel have towels for the water park?

danpam1024

1. Just returned from RP, they have Keurig. You don't have to bring your own, if you don't have enough, just ask for more, they are more than accommodating. If you are brand specific, you WILL need to bring some :)

2. Have you thought to use amazon prime for groceries? I personally haven't tried it, but I hear they deliver within a couple of hours. The people that do use them are 100% satisfied (they probably have your coffee too). We prefer lyft over uber just for the tipping convenience. Haven't need to use them at OIA, so I am really not familiar with the rules there, but this https://www.lyft.com/airports/mco says yes.

3. We will not attempt VB for a while :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom