Going to Disney in August..... Don't know what resort to stay at

Fossil

I am planning to go to Disney with family and friends in August, and I was wondering what resort to stay at. It's going to be 8 of us, and I really wanted to stay at one of the All Star Resorts or Pop Century, since I know they have adjoining rooms. My mom wants to stay at Coronado Springs and I wanted to know if that resort had adjoining rooms. What resort do any of you think is the best; any of the 3 All Star resorts, Pop Century or Coronado. Please write any feedback and opinions on any of the hotels. Thanks:hammer:

ToTBellHop

Pop Century is brand new and it rocks! Go there! Coronado is very nice but has a very obnoxious food court where you have to wait to be seated...stupid system. Pop Century has great theming, bigger tvs than the All Stars, and the music...there was not a song played that I did not love--the best songs from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Fantastic resort!

Upvote 0

StevenT

Pop Century was okay, it's just like an All Star, cheap and cheesy. If you are considering Coronado Springs, you should also consider Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. They are my favorite resorts. Absolutley beautiful resort with a great relaxing Louisiana atmosphere. The food courts at both resorts are great and the pools are fantastic.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Well I am no help, but I would recomend a resort that has inside hallways and walk ways, (most Deluxe) and less walking outise. The reason being that last Aug we stayed in OKW and with the rain the walk to the room was just miserible (especailly with a 2 year old.) That most likely isn't in the budget, but just my 2 cents. (lets hope for a less rainy summer, last aug out of 10 days it rained 9 and of those 9 days, sometimes it was for 8 or more hours a day.)

Of mod and value resorts, my fav is PORS. We liked CSR, it has great theming. The food court is not the best, the pool is really great.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I've requested the adjoining rooms at CBR, CSR, POFQ, and at Movies in the past, and each time my needs were met without problem. If you book your trip far enough in advanve, you can request adjoining rooms. I think the catch is that in order to do this, your rooms must be located in one of the buildings designated as "prefered" (Value & Moderate Resorts) and there is an additional nominal charge for these locations.

I would also explore the other Moderate resorts as well. CSR is also a conference center and is very spread out. Some of the others are not quite as large.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom