Going to Cedar Point Tomarrow

Kontra

Original Poster
Tomorrow I'm going to Cedar Point!!! I thought it would fit in well with this category. But, yeah, I've been looking forward to some thrills after my last 3 WDW vacations. Anywho, don't worry, I'm not switching over or anything, I still think there's nothing like the WDW experience.

Kontra

Original Poster
I did!!! It's my favorite thrill ride. I rode it 3 times (only half hour wait times) and 2 of the times I was in the front.

lileonard

Banned
hey you should go on the shybuckets there, especially if you miss the ones at magic kingdom. we always go to cedar point in the summer. for some reason i always find myself comparing things there with things in WDW. I guess that just shows how nice it is at WDW.

Kontra

Original Poster
The first thing I thought to myself when I saw CP's shybuckets was MK's Skyway. I didn't want to even think aboot it rather go on it. It's not the same without the views of the castle and the mountain rides. Too many sad memories.:(

lileonard

Banned
the wierd thing about the milenium force is that you get to the top of the hill so fast you cant even tell how high you are, it seems like you are higher on the magnum because it takes you up the lifthill alot slower. when i go there in a couple of weeks i can probly get a picture if someone else hasn't already.

Kontra

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Did you take any photos from the front of Millenium Force? Would love to see some! :)

No way man, I would be too afraid to hold onto a camera going that fast, I'd prolly drop it or something. I kept my hands up instead though.

The elevator lift system makes it a lot smoother and faster, but I agree that it does not let you build up the suspense. Once you get over that hill though, you know that it tares apart the Magnum's first drop.

lileonard

Banned
yeah it does beat out the magnum, when i looked down when i was at the top of the millenium force, i couldnt believe how high i was. another fun experience there is power tower, by the way when you are at cedar point do you ever find yourself comparing things with WDW. Every time i go on disaster transport it always reminds me of space mountain. we always go to cedar point before we go to WDW, it kinda gets you in the mood i guess.

Maria

Kontra,
You should meet my bf in Flint.... he is a Disney lover and a freaking fanatic of Cedar Point! Next time, the two of you should go together! I am so afraid of only looking at the pics of the roller coasters at CP! I get goosebumps with only the pics!:eek:

Nut4Disney

I love Cedar Point ,but I haven't got a chance to get up there the last 2 years. I live in the Cincinnati area, so I go to Kings Island quite a bit. Kontra, have you been down to KI to ride the "Son of Beast" yet. It rocks, but still not as good as "The Beast".

Kontra

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
Kontra,
You should meet my bf in Flint.... he is a Disney lover and a freaking fanatic of Cedar Point! Next time, the two of you should go together! I am so afraid of only looking at the pics of the roller coasters at CP! I get goosebumps with only the pics!:eek:

Flint isn't far away from me, but I usually hook up with the same group every Spring as our traditional trip down.

I loved it when I was afraid to ride Space M or even BTM, there was so much more anticipation and curiosity, but now that I've been on the Millenium, Raptor, Mantis, ect. it kind of takes something away from those WDW rides that I would once turn away from. I think this is one reason why Disney is more open to the idea of thrill rides, they need to still have anticipation in some of their rides otherwise they'll all play out like a broken record in comparison to all the other parks intense creations. Don't get me wrong, theme is always first in my book, but Disney will have to combine the two in order to really become the dominant theme park creators again.

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
I love Cedar Point ,but I haven't got a chance to get up there the last 2 years. I live in the Cincinnati area, so I go to Kings Island quite a bit. Kontra, have you been down to KI to ride the "Son of Beast" yet. It rocks, but still not as good as "The Beast".

I haven't been to KI in like 5 years, but I really want to go again soon. When I went I was petrified of all roller coasters especially The Beast. I did however go on the mini version of the Beast, I thought that was called Son of Beast. It was in some kid are section of the park I think.

Nut4Disney

The "Son of Beast" debuted last year. It is the only looping wooden roller coaster. The small one you are talking about is called "The Beastie" and you're right it is in the kid section.

Kontra

Original Poster
Ohh yeah, that's right. I remember watching a coaster program on the Travel Channel and seeing something aboot the Son of Beast being the only looping wooden coaster. I bet it's a rough one.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
The "Son of Beast" debuted last year. It is the only looping wooden roller coaster.

Do you mean it was the only looping wooden coaster. Isin't that Cali Screaming at DCA a wooden looping coaster. If it's not, you sure get convinced taht it is from the commercials. (as you could tell, I've never been to DCA!)

sillyspook13

Originally posted by woofboy111

Do you mean it was the only looping wooden coaster. Isin't that Cali Screaming at DCA a wooden looping coaster. If it's not, you sure get convinced taht it is from the commercials. (as you could tell, I've never been to DCA!)
The one at DCA is not a wooden coaster. It is a steel coaster made to look like one. It is just Eisner trying to make the park look more exciting so people will actually go there.

woofboy111

Oh. Thats probably kind of a rip off to wooden coaster fans that see it on the commercials. When they actually get to the park, they find out it's just a normal coaster, made to look wooden!

sillyspook13

California Screamin' was designed to be like a classic wooden roller coaster Funny thing because a)it has a loop, b)it has a launch, and c)it is not even made of wood!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom