Going to Busch Gardens first time in 10 years. advice please

Monoblanco13

Original Poster
Good Morning,

So I'm going to Busch Gardens this weekend for the first time in years and would like some advice. I am a Disney APer and know which rides within which parks I should go on first and always select the fastpasses in advance for what I can.

I don't believe Busch Gardens have free fast passes correct? I will be there before opening, any time frame in particular I should be there? Is there a ride I should go on first as it gets packed later in the day? Any thing else I should know will be great! I thank you guys/ girls in advance and appreciate the help.

kelknight84

They don't have free fast passes but you can buy them. The weekends are usually pretty busy so it's good you are going to be there at opening. The parking lot opens 30 min prior to open. The park also opens in stages and you'll be stopped at ropes if you try and go to the back. Hit Cheetah Hunt first. Then Sheikra when the back opens. Congo river rapids and the flume will get long lines quick since it's hot. Everything else will be pretty manageable most of the day. Falcon's Fury is awesome! The souvenir cup with refills is a good deal and the BBQ place is really good. Hopefully you'll stay for Kinetix and fireworks. Let me know what else I can answer. We love this park.

Monoblanco13

Original Poster
They don't have free fast passes but you can buy them. The weekends are usually pretty busy so it's good you are going to be there at opening. The parking lot opens 30 min prior to open. The park also opens in stages and you'll be stopped at ropes if you try and go to the back. Hit Cheetah Hunt first. Then Sheikra when the back opens. Congo river rapids and the flume will get long lines quick since it's hot. Everything else will be pretty manageable most of the day. Falcon's Fury is awesome! The souvenir cup with refills is a good deal and the BBQ place is really good. Hopefully you'll stay for Kinetix and fireworks. Let me know what else I can answer. We love this park.

Thanks you so much I really appreciate it. I recently moved to Tampa and decided to get an annual pass as they are so cheap. What is Kinetix? I wasn't even aware that they had fireworks that's great to know. Would you happen to know if I buy a souvenir cup would I be able to use it on a different visit?

Falcon's Fury looks intimidating, but I will ride it lol. Also it's nice to hear a new roller coaster is coming in 2016.

kelknight84

Kinetix is a stunt show before the fireworks. They have nightly fireworks all summer long. Yes you can use your souvenir cup forever, ours are old. The souvenir popcorn bucket is a good deal too.

Falcon was so intimidating the first time then I couldn't get enough and did it 4 more times in a row!

I can't wait for the new coaster, looks fun and different.

Monoblanco13

Original Poster
Kinetix is a stunt show before the fireworks. They have nightly fireworks all summer long. Yes you can use your souvenir cup forever, ours are old. The souvenir popcorn bucket is a good deal too.

Falcon was so intimidating the first time then I couldn't get enough and did it 4 more times in a row!

I can't wait for the new coaster, looks fun and different.

Sorry for the late response, we went to the park and enjoyed the rides a lot and plan to go again this weekend. One thing for sure though is I like the Disney atmosphere much more but thoroughly enjoy the adult thrills provided by Busch Gardens attractions. Falcon's Fury was scary but great. I don't particularly care for heights LOL. Out of all of the attractions my favorites are still Montu and Kumba. Least favorite being the Flume and Tidal wave. Sheikra is super thrilling but extremely short wish lines weren't so long.

One thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem like Busch Gardens was prepared for Fireworks as most attractions were offline like an hour and a half after the show.

Overall I did enjoy myself and thank you for your tips and tricks. I also realised that I will no longer bring bags into the parks LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom