Pre-Trip Going for gold, a Disney trip full of firsts!

Hello all, remember me? I know it’s been a while so here are a few primers to help jog that memory:
Christmas 2016
Anniversary 2016
Cruising ain’t for the kid…

If the above was just too much awesome for you to handle here is the Cliff’s notes version.
Who we are, Me(sean), DW(laura), and DD(sophie):
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7899140856.jpeg

We’ve been to Disney a few times over the years. We’re also happy DVC owners at AKL and the POLY. Over the years we’ve morphed from “open to close park commandos staying at values all the time” to “whatever happens happens, want to just stay at the resort today deluxe goers”. We really enjoy taking it easy now and taking in not just the parks but some of the awesome resort dining there is to have. Folks should really branch out and enjoy some of the gems not in a park, cough cough Il Mulino destroys Via Napoli cough cough. Anyway, let’s get on with the funtivities, shall we?

The genesis of this trip started out in mid fall when Laura and I each picked up some extra classes for the spring semester while we were planning our 20/40 trip in 2018. Laura came across a pretty cheap, well Disney cheap, cruise in the beginning of February and got the idea that it would be nice to be gold members for the 20/40 cruise since it would allow us some discounts and booking privileges beyond the silver level. Plus, let’s be honest, did we really need an excuse to cruise?!? As the title suggests we’re in for a few a few firsts on this trip. The list of firsts on this trip include:

First cruise on the Wonder
A cruise on a Castaway only itinerary
First stay at the Grand Floridian
First time at Trader Sams
First time going in February

An additional bonus of this trip is The Wonder recently coming out of a dry dock refurbishment with some new features. All our previous cruises have been on The Dream so simply going from Dream to Wonder would have been good enough but we get to enjoy a “new” Wonder! We are most excited about the new Tiana’s restaurant. The menu and live band at Tiana’s sounds exciting! I’m personally also looking forward to some new club experiences and having a whole day at sea. We’ll talk more about these things later.

We have right at two weeks to go and still have a lot to do to get ready. We have received some mail:
GOPR1664.JPG

GOPR1665.JPG

GOPR1666.JPG

I must say the new MagicBands feel like the cheapest version of the band yet, almost like something you would find as a toy in a box of cereal. For comparison I’ve included, as I know it, the three versions they have been sending out since the start. From left to right you have an original band, followed by the thinner newer style band, then the puck band.

We’ve also received our cruise packet:
GOPR1677.JPG

That’s it for now, more details to follow!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Just popped on allears to look at the menu. YUM! :hungry: Adding it to my list!!
What the AllEars menu doesn't tell you is that your meal includes a complementary appetizer AND after dinner drink (limoncello)! The limoncello is soooo good. The portions there are huge and service is fantastic. I'm thankful it is not on the DDP so they can keep doing what they do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom