Trip Report Go With The Flow...It's Spring Break, You Know! *COMPLETED*

Attention all planners (you know who you are!) ~ it is actually possible to have an excellent WDW vacation without following a pre-determined day-by-day (or minute-by-minute for you micro-planners) schedule. Even when it means missing the MK Welcome Show three times (*sigh*) or Wishes (gasp!) Even when you get stuck on a monorail for an hour and fifteen minutes. Or have to wait 40 minutes in the Main Street Starbucks and you aren't getting coffee (or even a snack).

Did you know it is possible to score a same-day ADR for dinner at Garden Grill (at a decent dinner hour)? Or snag a pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace the night before? I wouldn't either, had we stuck to my plan.

Now some advance planning is always necessary, especially during the busy Spring Break period. And we are spring break veterans (having survived Easter week a few times!) so we know what to expect. That's why it was especially hard for me, the planner, to give up/adjust some of our plans and Go With The Flow! (channeling my inner Crush, can you tell?)

Now the details:
April 3-9, 2016
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Cast:
Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91 (known as Em)
image.jpeg

and our beloved Woody! He makes it possible for our Disney dreams to come true :happy:.
image.jpeg

Goofy is his favorite!

Join us on a fun-filled week of surprises. Did we get to stay in a bungalow? Stay tuned.

image.jpeg

Dawg4Mickey

We're on our way!

View attachment 140349

Love the creativity with the water decanter. When I dined here with Drumr in September, Mickey was made from lemons.

View attachment 140351

Though we have eaten lunch at dinner at Crystal Palace before, this was our first breakfast. I remember @HouCuseChickie (among others) giving it glowing reviews, and I was excited to try it for myself. We were seated at a table by a window overlooking the hub. Pooh came over immediately.

View attachment 140352

View attachment 140358

Woody is a big fan of omelets so the "Create Your Own" station was a must-do for him.

View attachment 140357

The potato casserole beside the omelet was very tasty and the bacon was cooked to crispy perfection. I finally got to have a Mickey waffle and sample the much-ballyhooed Pooh's Puffed French Toast. Let's just say it is worthy of all the praise!!!! I had to go back for seconds (and *maybe* thirds :hungry: ). I even booked a reservation for our June trip while sitting at our table...it was that good!!

View attachment 140360

Piglet stopped by...

View attachment 140353

...followed by Eeyore

View attachment 140354

As we ate, we saw the Mayor making his way down Main Street for the Welcome Show. A while later, we laughed as we watched the sea of humanity briskly walk towards the Castle after park opening. It was quite the sight to behold!

Tigger was the last friend to greet us:
View attachment 140361

Two thumbs up, Crystal Palace!!
Love CP Breakfast Sadly we will only get lunch there this time around. Great pics though

HouCuseChickie

We're on our way!

View attachment 140349

Love the creativity with the water decanter. When I dined here with Drumr in September, Mickey was made from lemons.

View attachment 140351

Though we have eaten lunch at dinner at Crystal Palace before, this was our first breakfast. I remember @HouCuseChickie (among others) giving it glowing reviews, and I was excited to try it for myself. We were seated at a table by a window overlooking the hub. Pooh came over immediately.

View attachment 140352

View attachment 140358

Woody is a big fan of omelets so the "Create Your Own" station was a must-do for him.

View attachment 140357

The potato casserole beside the omelet was very tasty and the bacon was cooked to crispy perfection. I finally got to have a Mickey waffle and sample the much-ballyhooed Pooh's Puffed French Toast. Let's just say it is worthy of all the praise!!!! I had to go back for seconds (and *maybe* thirds :hungry: ). I even booked a reservation for our June trip while sitting at our table...it was that good!!

View attachment 140360

Piglet stopped by...

View attachment 140353

...followed by Eeyore

View attachment 140354

As we ate, we saw the Mayor making his way down Main Street for the Welcome Show. A while later, we laughed as we watched the sea of humanity briskly walk towards the Castle after park opening. It was quite the sight to behold!

Tigger was the last friend to greet us:
View attachment 140361

Two thumbs up, Crystal Palace!!

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love that show - it's a great start to a day in MK. Have fun and have an ice cream for me :) (and a ride on BTMRR as its going to be closed in November so I have to wait until Nov 2017 to ride it again) :(
Had ice cream at Tutto Italia, Ghirardelli, the Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern (atop Ooey Gooey cake!) ...4x in 4 days :hungry:
And rode BTMRR once during the day and once at night (night is the best!!) :). Bummer you won't get to ride this year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom