GMR is closing. Are you excited about it? What is your age range?

GMR, do you want it to STAY or GO, and how old are you?

• STAY: 15 - 20

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • STAY: 21 - 30

Votes: 24 17.8%
  • STAY: 31 - 40

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • STAY: 41 - 50

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • STAY: 51 - 60+

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • GO: 15 - 20

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • GO: 21 - 30

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • GO: 31 - 40

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • GO: 41 - 50

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • GO: 51 - 60+

Votes: 12 8.9%

• Total voters

NickMaio

I love the GMR - To me that was the quintessence of MGM or Hollywood Studios

They are giving this park a total makeover - almost all remnants of MGM are gone or on their way out.
I hope, once this park finally has an identity - that the removal was worth it.
I'm sad to see it go.

I'm 30 and I will definitely miss it. I loved the "old Hollywood" feeling as well as all the movies showcased. (I was just telling my boyfriend about the Alien scene and how cool I've always found it.) I'm excited to see Runaway Railroad, but I do wish GMR was staying.

draybook

I only voted for it to GO because the new narration really ruined the experience. I don't want grandpa "reading" the story to me like I'm Fred Savage and he's Peter Falk. If this were the pre-Osborne narrate version, I'd have voted to STAY in a heartbeat!

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, I don't care either way. I've seen it enough times... It was done very well in true Disney style of the era however and I'll miss that. It would have made a lot more sense to maybe update or change it a bit and keep it in the theme of the park. Just another lost piece of HS identity now.

JohnD

I like it but you can only have a CM fight a gangster so many times. I don't mind it changing. And if it has to change to something, let it be a ride about Mickey Mouse.

TotallyBiased

The wife and I enjoy it. We both love movies and there's a good chunk of nostalgia rolling through there. I will say the animatronics were looking a little dated, e.g., Tarzan scene looks a bit hokie, Ripley looks a little cheesy, and the CM's acting abilities are hit or miss (mostly miss). But we always enjoyed it. I wouldn't have minded it staying and getting a more contemporary overhaul. But I also wouldn't mind seeing something new either. Kind of stuck in between.

ohioguy

I love the Great Movie Ride, but the reliance on intellectual property outside of Disney ownership sort of sealed its fate. The Studios are being re-tooled so I'm not sure it would have fit in with the upcoming changes to the overall park. My view is they should re-face the building and eliminate the Chinese theater facade altogether. It's past time that Mickey had his own ride, and it being central to the "movie" park is a great thing. Of course, I would like them to bring Toon Town to this park, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom