Giving Thanks!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching again, so let's take a minute to forget about Frozen, and think about all we have to be thankful for. I'm so thankful for

God's daily grace which makes all things possible
My husband who sees beyond all my quirks and foibles and loves me just the same
My kids and their spouses who continue to grow in mind and spirit
My friends, in real life, and here in this magical playground, who keep me informed, entertained, and appreciated - love them all!
People I've never met who still agree to risk life and limb to defend my country
And their families who sacrifice so much
Miracles great and small

Last edited:

trr1

I'm Thankful for

my child not being picky about taking any job until she can find one in her field of study
my DW for putting up with my shenanigans all these years
having a roof over my head,a job and food in my belly
all my family and friends who stand by me through thick and thin
all the soldiers who defend my freedoms
and for Steve and all the mods on this site

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm thankful for...

But a little surprised that I am still alive when a lot of my friends have passed on.
The fact that my health, in spite of my doing everything in my power to do the opposite, has stayed strong.
My Daughters and their husbands that treat me with respect and seem genuinely glad to do things with me.
My Grandchildren just for being there.
My Family... what started as two is now ten.
That I no longer live in the snow and cold belt.
That now 45 degrees seems cold to me, when it used to be nothing to think about.
That my brain has stayed strong, as far as I know.

prberk

I am thankful for:

My mother, who at 72 is having some health and financial issues, but is still mostly healthy and loving and kind -- and joking with everyone she knows.
That I am able to help her financially, even though it is a struggle from time to time.
The rest of my family. Many are very talented, and I grew up thinking everyone had families of musicians and talented people. I am blessed.
The opportunity to be a youth director at my church -- which is always a blessing, even with difficult kids and families in difficult situations.
WSM Radio, which I enjoy from Nashville on the Internet. It is traditional country radio with a positive attitude, not always cynical like most. A rarity.
@wdwmagic and Steve, for providing a little fun and community with people who enjoy WDW like I do.

Last edited:

tor29c

I am thankful that I have my elderly parents here to celebrate yet another holiday with us.
Thankful to God for all the many, many blessings in my life
Thankful for all the wonderful people I am surrounded by and who love and adore me more than I am deserving of

NYwdwfan

My turn!

I am thankful for:

My family and friends, both real and imaginary, who brighten every day. Hoping for continued good health and prosperity in the coming year.
Freedom and those who defend it (a GIANT thank you to them).
Steve and the mods - who make this little community a great place to visit (and live
paranoid.gif
).
And peanut m&m's - for when all else fails, they can ALWAYS bring a smile to my face.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Just for the record, nothing about me is imaginary. Why, just the other day I was telling Amelia Earhart, "Amy, you've just got to be more careful with the plane rudder". See? Even famous people know that I'm real.
Welcome back, my imaginary friend!

Goofyernmost

Just for the record, nothing about me is imaginary. Why, just the other day I was telling Amelia Earhart, "Amy, you've just got to be more careful with the plane rudder". See? Even famous people know that I'm real.
How is Amy these days? She must be getting pretty long in the tooth by now. Last time I talked to her, sometime last week, she couldn't tell a rudder from a soup spoon.:confused:

Nemo14

Original Poster
I am thankful that I have my elderly parents here to celebrate yet another holiday with us.
Thankful to God for all the many, many blessings in my life
Thankful for all the wonderful people I am surrounded by and who love and adore me more than I am deserving of

I love your comment about your parents. I'm very grateful to still have my 94 year-old mother, and even more grateful that 2 of my siblings and I are still able to take care of her physical needs and all the insanity that her journey through Alzheimer's has presented. Every day is a blessing in its own way.

tor29c

I love your comment about your parents. I'm very grateful to still have my 94 year-old mother, and even more grateful that 2 of my siblings and I are still able to take care of her physical needs and all the insanity that her journey through Alzheimer's has presented. Every day is a blessing in its own way.
Thanks Nemo. I'm actually feeding my 87 year old dad as I read this. Not always easy but a chore I am blessed to be able to do.

Nemo14

Original Poster
I'm not much of a prayer person, but, please Lord don't let me live that long.
My sister and I have had that talk quite a bit lately. I'm sure my mom, back in her pre-Alzheimer days when she was taking care of us, felt that way too. But it is what it is now, and it's our turn to take care of her. Like I said though, it's a blessing to be able to do this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom