Girls-only trip recommendations wanted!!!!

kaitertot5249

My best friend and I are planning a girls-only getaway for the middle of May 2017 and we are super excited! Does anyone have any recommendations for what two 23-year-old girls should do in WDW for 5 days?

We are absolutely hitting all the parks, trying out some of the nicer restaurants, exploring Flower & Garden at EPCOT (and attempting to drink/snack around the world!), and hoping to get our Disney fill! If anyone has any recommendations that might be a little off the beaten path we would love to hear them!

Thanks in advance!

dreamfinder

I'd say check out Trader Sams, or the whole monorail bar crawl area. You can do that without too much detour from the parks. While not off the beaten path really, there aren't many Tiki bars in the world that are on par with Sam's as far as decor and ambiance goes. Booze selection may be a bit sparse compared to some of the others, but for the experience alone it's well worth it. I'd throw out a spa visit, but most likely you can do the same thing back home for cheaper, and not waste a vacation day.

Upvote 0

belledream

Would recommend renting a SeaRaycer from one of the MK resorts for 30 minutes or so. It's a unique way to explore the area leisurely and from a different POV!

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
Oh, and do the rides first, drinks later.
Haha great advice!!

I will definitely look into the monorail crawl too! We have 'Ohana reservations for the evening we arrive and maybe we could do the monorail crawl in the afternoon before dinner. Or maybe it would be better to do it during our afternoon break on one of our MK days. Definitely something to add to our list!

recommend renting a SeaRaycer

How much does a rental cost?

Upvote 0

belledream

Haha great advice!!

I will definitely look into the monorail crawl too! We have 'Ohana reservations for the evening we arrive and maybe we could do the monorail crawl in the afternoon before dinner. Or maybe it would be better to do it during our afternoon break on one of our MK days. Definitely something to add to our list!

How much does a rental cost?
Its $32 for 30 minutes (which we found to be just the right amount of time) and I think goes up to $45 for an hour.

Upvote 0

PMC0849

I have heard the Nomad Lounge at Animal Kingdom makes the best cocktails on property, haven't had a chance to try yet. The bar at 50's Prime Time Cafe is also great, if a bartender named Dave is there ask him to take a picture of you guys with the lightsaber. And 100% go to Trader Sam's one of the best places in all of WDW. Oh! The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a lot of fun, plus you get all you can drink sangrias included in the price.

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
@Rinx we are planning on staying on property (we're looking at moderates right now) and using Disney Transportation exclusively. We just finalized the dates for our trip about 3 weeks ago so the planning is just beginning.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Five days is so short. I'd recommend no fewer than seven. If it's a financial thing, I think an extra two or three days are definitely worth "downgrading" your resort.

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
It's not the money we're concerned about it's taking too much time off work that we're being careful of. We both have at least one other vacation planned for 2017 and this is kind of more of an extended long weekend trip for us rather than a full vacation. Otherwise we would definitely be looking at a longer trip. I think we'll be okay though. I have a rough trip plan and it seems like it will work well for us. We're technically doing 5 nights and 6 days, arriving on a Thursday in the mid-morning (hopefully, if the airfare works in our favor) and leaving late on a Tuesday evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom