Gifts waiting in hotel upon arrival?

pisces8331

Has anyone ever ordered gifts or welcome baskets to be placed in hotel room upon arrival to surprise a family member?

I want to order something special for my husband's birthday and have it waiting for us in our hotel room when we check-in but I don't know who to call? I am looking at "Disney goodie basket" or chocolate covered strawberries, something like that.

Has anyone done this or have any advice regarding this service? Who do I contact? Hotel? or special Disney service?
Thanks!:cool:

My husband called Disney Florist to order surprises for our children, and they are going to deliver them the day we check in and they said that the resorts have runners several times a day to place these in the rooms. We will be getting there early, before our rooms are ready, I'm sure, but they said there shouldn't be any problem in the delivery being in the room by the time we get back from the park :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We do this often for friends and family and have always used the WDW Florist with great success. There are a few threads on this subject and a search should bring them up and will probably answer most of your questions. Heck, just scroll to the bottom of the page and similar threads are listed there. :wave:

Upvote 0

Philo

I was thinking about doing this for our honeymoon but I'm a little aprehensive because I was going to see if I could get an upgrade (I can dream!). If these get delivered then presumably they will be put into our allocated room and then there will be no chance of a "Wow, its your honeymoon?! Let me see what we have available..."

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I was thinking about doing this for our honeymoon but I'm a little aprehensive because I was going to see if I could get an upgrade (I can dream!). If these get delivered then presumably they will be put into our allocated room and then there will be no chance of a "Wow, its your honeymoon?! Let me see what we have available..."

Can they do this if you dont know your room number?

From what I was told (and don't hold me to it because things change and people bend the truth) the need for a gift is noted on your reservation and it is delivered during check in after your room is assigned if it is to be there upon arrival. :shrug:

Anytime we have sent a gift or had one sent to us it is always found it in the room after check in when you return from the parks/exploring the resort. To be honest we have never gone ahead and said "have it there upon arrival" so I don't know if it works or not.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Back in 03 when we first used DVC at OKW, I had asked for something small like a card for my wife's b-day. I said I'll pay for it up front, but was told that I didn't have to worry about it. When we got to our room for the first time on the center station was a couple of balloons, and a card signed by some of the characters, a really neat surprise. And I didn't have to pay for it. But no flowers.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Yeah, and don't ask for anything that has to do with Epcotfrom the WDW Florist. :(

You're not going to get over that anytime soon are you!?!:animwink: By the way, did you try another florist outside of WDW? How about getting a basket done from the site I mention above!?! They may be able to accomodate your requests!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Has anyone ever ordered gifts or welcome baskets to be placed in hotel room upon arrival to surprise a family member?

I want to order something special for my husband's birthday and have it waiting for us in our hotel room when we check-in but I don't know who to call? I am looking at "Disney goodie basket" or chocolate covered strawberries, something like that.

Has anyone done this or have any advice regarding this service? Who do I contact? Hotel? or special Disney service?
Thanks!:cool:
We ordered one for our kids last year for their 1st visit to WDW.
WDW did a great job on the basket.
This year, I made one myself for my mother-in-law.
I just took all of the goodies in a backpack on the plane w/ me.
Since we were staying at the same resort w/ connecting rooms & we arrived 1st, I was able to put the basket together & place it in her room before she arrived.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

We ordered one for our kids last year for their 1st visit to WDW.
WDW did a great job on the basket.
This year, I made one myself for my mother-in-law.
I just took all of the goodies in a backpack on the plane w/ me.
Since we were staying at the same resort w/ connecting rooms & we arrived 1st, I was able to put the basket together & place it in her room before she arrived.

Did she complain about it? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I tried doing this once, and was told they could not have it there upon arrival, because they don't know the room number until you check in. We had them put the basket in there while we were at dinner. Is it possible to have something waiting upon arrival now? That would excite me if it were...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom