Gift cards

jazzzz

I love the idea of saving a small percentage of your vacation cost by buying Disney gift cards at BJ'S or with a Target red card. Can you use Disney gift cards to pay off additional charges you put on your magic bands such as meals, souvenirs, etc? That way you wouldn't have to carry gift cards around.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes you can. Just go to the front desk and tell them you want to pay down your charges to your room. Now do note that they still have to have a credit card on file to allow charging privlages. Also make sure you go pay on it before you reach the charging limit (each resort catagory has a different allowed limit) because once you reach the charging limit they will automatically charge the credit card on file to bring your balance back to zero. :)

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Yes you can. Just go to the front desk and tell them you want to pay down your charges to your room. Now do note that they still have to have a credit card on file to allow charging privlages. Also make sure you go pay on it before you reach the charging limit (each resort catagory has a different allowed limit) because once you reach the charging limit they will automatically charge the credit card on file to bring your balance back to zero. :)
Just to add to this, don't wait until the last day either as they will have already charged your card on file.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just to add to this, don't wait until the last day either as they will have already charged your card on file.
That's not true. Not always, at least. It depends on how much has been charged to your account. Your folio stays open until midnight on your checkout date.

On a related note, you no longer have to carry multiple gift cards. If you go to DisneyGiftCard.com, you can transfer balances easily between cards, so you can load ten $50 cards onto one $500 card if you want.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

On a related note, you no longer have to carry multiple gift cards. If you go to DisneyGiftCard.com, you can transfer balances easily between cards, so you can load ten $50 cards onto one $500 card if you want.

Or as the OP stated he can charge to his room using the Magic Band and not carry any cards at all.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Or as the OP stated he can charge to his room using the Magic Band and not carry any cards at all.
I understand that. I was just pointing out that it doesn't need to be "cards," plural, as it used to be. While I personally used to charge to the room and pay it off with gift cards rather than carry a bunch of them with me every day, I find it much more convenient to just use the card in the first place now that Disney lets you consolidate all of your balances into one.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

That's not true. Not always, at least. It depends on how much has been charged to your account. Your folio stays open until midnight on your checkout date.

How do you transfer the cards? I went to DisneyGiftCard.com and didn't see where you can do that. I'm about to buy a whole bunch of $100 cards thru Target.

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

How do you transfer the cards? I went to DisneyGiftCard.com and didn't see where you can do that. I'm about to buy a whole bunch of $100 cards thru Target.

Manage Cards --> Transfer Balance.

I haven't done it myself, so I'm not sure if you have to transfer the funds one-at-a-time, or if you can just input all of the card #s at the same time and have the site consolidate them for you.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

Great tip, I always consolidate my Disney gift cards into one. Makes it much easier to carny one than 5 separate gift cards with varying balances.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Both statements are basically true. Overnight before checkout morning they will charge all built-up purchases to the card on file. They'll leave your bill on/under your door. But the charge account will stay open after that to allow additional purchases throughout your checkout day. You'll just be charged for those in a separate card transaction.

If you want to make sure that you can pay down the balance using your gift card(s), make sure to visit the desk by the nght before checkout.

This is the first I've heard of this. Great news!

-Rob

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Just to warn you, when I went to buy a Disney Gift Card at Target the other day using my Red Card I didn't get the 5% off! Apparently a team member there said they are cutting down on which gift cards will be discounted. Not sure if it's every Target, but just wanted to make sure you knew! Im going to stick to buying them at BJS so I know I get my discount. "/

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom