Gift Card Multi-Pack Discontinued?

NYwdwfan

EdC

Original Poster
My plan was to buy them through Sams Club website and pay with my Discover card. Discover has a 5% off online shopping offer now, so I'm able to stack the discounts. So the difference is 92.9% vs 90.6% w/ the multi-card.

Discover also has 5% off at Target.com always.

NYwdwfan

Wow - that's a sweet deal. Do you have a BJ's membership? I know they have discounted Disney giftcards but I can't recall what the pricing is.

MickeyMomV

I just bought 2 packs of 3 today from the local Sam's for $142.97. The shelf was full of them. I know that they are changing the design of the card, maybe they in the process of switching out the multi packs.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Hey all, I am thinking of joining Sams, mainly for this discount but our Costco membership is up this month, and I have two important questions.
1. besides the Sam's membership (and tax?), is there any additional fee for the cards (seems as a past Sam's member there was a 5% added on purchases) Can anyone look at their receipt and confirm?

2. I recently visited the Sams to scout out the card situation and saw they have MANY cards. Has anyone ever tried purchasing up to $2000 worth of cards and not been able to?

Thanks everyone. FIVE DAYS LEFT!!!!!

EdC

Original Poster
Hey all, I am thinking of joining Sams, mainly for this discount but our Costco membership is up this month, and I have two important questions.
1. besides the Sam's membership (and tax?), is there any additional fee for the cards (seems as a past Sam's member there was a 5% added on purchases) Can anyone look at their receipt and confirm?

2. I recently visited the Sams to scout out the card situation and saw they have MANY cards. Has anyone ever tried purchasing up to $2000 worth of cards and not been able to?

Thanks everyone. FIVE DAYS LEFT!!!!!

Just the membership cost (~$45?); don't believe there is any additional amount added to the receipt. Sales tax should not be collected on the gift cards either. There are also no limits on gift card purchases. So $2k of gift cards should save you around $95 minus the membership cost.

I just did two rounds of card purchases using the stacked discount method I listed. 40 cards takes a long time to enter on the disney savings account.. but it's nice to do something extra for free and I'm not talking Dole Whip free, more like Hoop-dee-doo Musical Review free.

EdC

Original Poster
As a follow up to my last post, I ended up buying the cards from Sams and linked them on the Disney Savings Account. Discover was running a 5% cash back promotion for online purchases, so I bought on SamsClub.com and had them shipped to my house.

All told, my gift card "stacking" ended up getting me the gift cards at 90.6% of face value. So I saved $188.92 off $2,000 worth of cards.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Thank you both for the replies!!!! With the confirmation (of my faulty memory) that there is no Sams fee tacked on to purchases, I will gladly pay the membership fee to save that much money on not only the upcoming trip but future trips over the next year. (upgrading to an AP our first day, so the majority of the cards will be used for AP bridging and then food during the trip on a TIW card).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom