Gideon's Trip Report and News from Sep 21

Greetings everyone. I was at the World with my family yesterday and I saw a few things worthy of note.

Started out the day with a trip on Space Mountain - almost no wait at all. Hung around Tommorowland (still painting those rocks) and did the usual rides there (Buzz, TTA, SM).

After that we headed over to Fantasyland and caught a showing of Philharmagic. I have to say this is the best new Disney attraction I have personally tried out. The effects were great, although the film was a little blurry at the beginning (when Donald is setting up the orchestra). The apple pie scent was not quite right, can't quite put my finger on it, but it was just off, but the jasmine was perfect. Also noticed that IASW is starting to show lack of maintenance. One of the Can-Can dolls in the beginning was stuck (maybe it was just striking a pose), the hippo had a seriously lazy eye and I saw an empty Dasani bottle and pack of cigarettes floating in the water.

We proceeded to take in Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White and off to Frontierland.

Nothing new here, Splash Mountain had everyone (myself included) taking pictures of their picture from the big drop instead of buying them. BTMR is still surrounded by scaffolding, but did not see any workers.

Haunted Mansion has something going on, there was a brown tarp wraped around the base of the mansion on the outside, and some foliage has been lost as you can now see the actual ride building behind the gravestones.

Finished off the day with a second run on Philharmagic. The water effect changed during the day (there was less of it).

Also managed to sit in the front of monorail lime on the way in and monorail yellow on the way out. My kids got co-pilot licences.

A great day.

mrtoad

Originally posted by Gideon

Also managed to sit in the front of monorail lime on the way in and monorail yellow on the way out. My kids got co-pilot licences.

A great day.

When I was a kid we use to love to get to ride in front. We never got licences though. It must not have been done way back then.

When we take my daughter next year for her first ever WDW trip that is what I want to do first. Take the Monorail from the Polynesian and have her sit up front. I think it will be a very cool experience for her first time ever.

The main reason I want to do it is, we are not telling her we are going to WDW. So I want her to see the MK as we arive.

Gideon

Original Poster
The very first time I rode in the monorail was about 7 months ago, when I took my son on a day trip. I had read that you could ride in the front, but had never tried. I figured what the heck and I asked a CM if we could ride in the front car. They said sure and that was that. Nothing special, just a very interesting experience.

On our way in on Monorail Lime (most recent trip with wife and 2 kids) we sat in front with a very nice lady who explained where we were going and was exceptionally friendly. She did not offer any of the cards to the kids. On the way out, we took Monorail Yellow and our driver, Ron, was very quiet, as I was pointing out the various landmarks that I knew. When we got back to the TTC, he handed me 2 cards for the kids. These were the official Co-Pilot's Licences signed by Mickey Mouse.

They were both real excited about these and asked me if they could now drive the monorail by themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom