1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghostbusters

Discussion in 'TV Shows, Movies, and Music' started by Dead2009, Oct 7, 2015.

1. tribbleorlfl

tribbleorlfl Well-Known Member

I agree we need to caution against labeling any and all criticism against this film as misogynistic. While I personally don't agree with them, there are valid arguments against it that have nothing to do with gender.

However, there absolutely HAVE been sexist comments levied towards GB ever since the cast was announced, and frankly, I haven't seen enough pushback from the fan community against this mentality.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to it as I find the cast to be hilarious, and I think any Ghostbusters is better than no Ghostbusters.

2. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

I'd just hate to see a classic get rebooted into a bad movie, reviews pending.
    I'm not much of a McCarthy fan. did like her in St Vincent. something different for her.

3. TyTrap

TyTrap Well-Known Member

well that mindset doesn't exist for me. honestly I think tombraider is better than uncharted and Lara Croft is way cooler than Drake. for me it is far from a gender thing it's more of a bad on the studio thing. Sony/Colombia just knows how to crank out garbage these days and I apologize but having the any ghostbusters is better than no ghostbusters mindset is not a good one to have. This franchise should be handled and treated with the care and respect that it deserves. They could've had Akroyd, Murray and Hudson back in the jumpsuits and pass the torch onto a younger group of ghostbusters whether it be a mixed gender team or all female. To me it doesn't matter but I will not accept this lazy piece of garbage as a ghostbusters movie.

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  4. BrerJon

BrerJon Well-Known Member

Have you actually seen the film yet? I have, and in my view it's not garbage, it's excellent. And I speak as a huge fan of the original movies.

tribbleorlfl likes this.
  5. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

haven't decided on watching it yet. I've read mixed reviews (not that I ever listen to them).
    I think what gets me a bit is rebooting a movie I grew up on makes me feel old. :arghh:

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  6. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one. I didn't think much of the trailers (like everyone else), but the actual movie is good.

tribbleorlfl and BrerJon like this.
  7. TB4244

TB4244 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if it's actually better than Feigs other body of work? I can't say I liked Spy or Bridesmaids, if I wasnt watching them with other people I would have switched them off after 10 mins. It's not filling me with hope for GB.

8. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

If you didn't like Spy or Bridesmaids, you probably won't like this movie.

It's a Paul Feig comedy first, and a Ghostbusters movie second.

9. TB4244

TB4244 Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I thought might be the case. Perhaps I'll pass on this one.

10. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

i finally watched this the other night on starz, & i thought it was just terrible. nothing to do with the all female cast. just found it to be painfully not funny. if a sequel comes around, i hope its better than this mess.