GF DVC looks terrible!

freediverdude

I think the VGF is going to look too tall right next to the wedding pavilion. It would look much better at 2-3 stories instead of 6 or whatever it is. But then I think that about BLT also. It shouldn't be as tall as the original building, doesn't look right.

Disneykidder

Has anyone heard of points or prices on GFV?? I'm also curious when it will be available for sale. May add on some points and this would be perfect, if not too high.

bigAWL

It's starting to look better... I took these on March 31 (Easter Sunday)...

2013DCL-Mar24-31DisneyDream866_zps6c45674c.jpg

2013DCL-Mar24-31DisneyDream868_zps172b683f.jpg

2013DCL-Mar24-31DisneyDream840_zps233c37d2.jpg

captainkidd

So when you stayed there, what did you hate? We are going to BLT in Sept. and are really looking forward to it.

This wasn't directed at me, but I'll give my 2 cents on BLT. The outside looks like an apartment complex in any major city. The inside looks like an office building. The rooms have some of the most sterile designs I've ever seen for a hotel. Basically, it's just like the Contemporary, except a different shape.

bigAWL

This wasn't directed at me, but I'll give my 2 cents on BLT. The outside looks like an apartment complex in any major city. The inside looks like an office building. The rooms have some of the most sterile designs I've ever seen for a hotel. Basically, it's just like the Contemporary, except a different shape.
I think that was probably the idea. Pretty much the same with AKV, VWL, VGC, BCV, and any other DVC that is added to a sister resort.

I believe BLT is the only DVC with a "contemporary" or a "modern" decor style. All the others are somehow traditional, period, rustic, or cultural. I think it's great that the styles vary so widely. Of course not everyone is going to like all of them. That's what variety is all about. For the record, I do like the style of BLT. I also have enjoyed the style of SSR, AKV, BCV, and VGC. So there are some people who like them all.

I also wonder if what some people hate about BLT is not its style or decor at all, but simply that it changed the skyline of Seven Seas Lagoon, and they would consider it an eye-sore in pretty much an form.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom