GF DVC looks terrible!

alissafalco

Original Poster
I have been staying at the Poly all week and the view of the new GF DVC looks terrible. Its totally out of place, jammed in between the wedding Pavilion and the original GF. It sticks out onto the water taking away the beautiful view that the wedding pavilion used to have. I know the construction just started but it is such a terrible eyesore to look at. Also on a side note, when is this supposed to finish? Because I have been here all week and every single day I passed by it on the monorail I have not seen 1 person on the construction site! They have done absolutely no work at all this past week which seems very odd. I made a point to check it out every time I passed. Honestly it looks like an abandoned construction site. This is the worst thing they could have done to the GF.

alissafalco

Original Poster
I will as soon as I get home. I am still here at the Poly and I dont know how to post pics that I took from my iphone. If there is a way please let me know.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh it looks absolutely terrible from the Poly beach. The DVC is practically on top of the wedding pavilion.
Well, the wedding pavilion isn't something that most guests even know about...much less care about.

Construction sites are never very photogenic.

If this site had of existed in 1987 then people would have complained about the construction of the Grand Floridian ruining the views from the Poly also.

alissafalco

Original Poster
Well, the wedding pavilion isn't something that most guests even know about...much less care about.

Construction sites are never very photogenic.

Even when it is finished with a pretty decor, that doesnt take away the fact that it looks like a crowded mess of buildings on top of each other. I will post pics soon as I get home.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Even when it is finished with a pretty decor, that doesnt take away the fact that it looks like a crowded mess of buildings on top of each other. I will post pics soon as I get home.
This is what I think of when I read "crowded mess of buildings"....not a few resort buildings nestled together.....

new-york-city-skyline-blue-large.jpg

wdwfan100

We were at Disney in May and I did not feel like it was an eye sore. I was actually quite curious to find out what it was going to look like when it was done. I will agree that it is drastically going to change the views from the Poly. Like others have posted, we need to wait and see if it is a good change or a bad one.

Disneykidder

I was there a few weeks ago and I did not see one construction person either. Weird.

I also agree that we have to wait until it is finished. It may surprise you by how it looks. I do hope they finish soon!!

Does anyone have any word on when it will be finished and when they will be selling it?

One thing that I noticed is that the building is quite close to the monorail. I am excited to stay in the building at least once but if I do I will request a room facing the lake. The new kiddie area looks cool, though. It is a water play area that has a bucket tipping water, the words curiouser and curiouser on it and a pic of Alice. It looks like fun!!:)

BCVTalsJam

I agree that this must be an eyesore to the wedding area as well as the poly...BUT I don't think Disney would "squish" a addition...I think we are just going to have to wait and see what it looks like. I have a feeling it is going to be beautiful :) Like everything else at WDW. I know one day soon we will use 2 years of points to stay there for a week lol...We always want to switch it up a trip and stay at a different resort but then we never do because we will miss the Beach Club and the fact we can walk into Epcot and HS...One day :)

captainkidd

Obviously it will look better once completed, but I think it's going to ruin many of the views of the Poly from the GF and vice versa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom