Is Orlando dangerous at night?

felipenor

How dangerous is Orlando at night?

I'll be in Orlando for a day from Miami, and I'll be arriving at the Greyhound station (555 N John Young Pkwy). I understand I need to catch a bus to LYNX central station and transfer to a bus that'll take me to Disney Springs. My question is: are those places safe?
My bus back to Miami leaves at 3 a.m. so I have to make it back to Greyhound at night. Is it ok to ride the bus at late hours? Should I be worried about having to wait for a transfer at LYNX station that late?

Last edited:

felipenor

Original Poster
Have you looked at a Lynx map? It will not be as simple as going from Orlando Greyhound to Lynx Central Station (which is in the opposite direction) to Walt Disney World. Service will also end well before your scheduled departure.
http://www.golynx.com/maps-schedules/routes-schedules.stml
From looking at the schedules, I understand I can take the last bus from Disney Springs that will leave me at LYNX around 1 am. But I couldn't find any bus that would then take me directly to Greyhound at that time without having to walk for like 10 minutes on John Young Pkwy.

What if I take a taxi from Lynx to Greyhound? That would be really cheaper, right? Can I find a cab easily outside of Lynx that late?

Upvote 0

KLeigh

Take Uber, it will be faster and easier than doing all of these transfers. If you've never used it before, you should receive a fare credit ($10 I think?) that you can use to pay for your rude back to the central station.

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
Take Uber, it will be faster and easier than doing all of these transfers. If you've never used it before, you should receive a fare credit ($10 I think?) that you can use to pay for your rude back to the central station.
Any idea how much it'd cost from DS to Greyhound? Any site I could estimate the price?

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

A quick Google search will bring up multiple options, and Uber's website includes their official fare estimate calculator that you can use.
Very good advice. I went from the Swan and Dolphin to the airport for $33. I don't know the route you are taking but maybe that will help a little. Any city can be dangerous. Be aware of your surroundings and try to always be where other decent looking people are. You can never tell for sure though. Just be careful.

Upvote 0

Disneyhead'71

You could safely do LYNX to Central Station and Uber to the Grayhound Station. Don't walk anywhere around there at 3am. The stations are safe, the neighborhoods around them not so much.

I am a news photog and am in those neighborhoods regularly at 3am.

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
You could safely do LYNX to Central Station and Uber to the Grayhound Station. Don't walk anywhere around there at 3am. The stations are safe, the neighborhoods around them not so much.

I am a news photog and am in those neighborhoods regularly at 3am.
Thanks, guys! That's all great info and it'll help me plan better.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom