Getting to and from other hotels

CoverD

Original Poster
So, let me just preface this thread by saying its been a long time since I've been to Disney when I was younger.

But anyways, I am staying at the Pop Century resort with my girlfriend this September (as I've said in other threads, its her first time ever). We're planning to go to the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast on her birthday (she's a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland and both Alice and the Mad Hatter are supposed to be there).

I know its at the Grand Floridian Resort, so that brings me to my question...do buses run between resorts? For instance, is there a way to get to the GFR through Disney's bus service, or do I need to setup my own transportation that morning?

CoverD

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome Stellajack.

Is it possible to get a bus that takes you to Magic Kingdom and then a monorail from there to GF by 8:40AM? (That's when the reservation is)

Stellajack

Premium Member

Is it possible to get a bus that takes you to Magic Kingdom and then a monorail from there to GF by 8:40AM? (That's when the reservation is)

Yes, I believe the buses for breakfasts start getting to the resorts around 7 a.m. and the resort monorail should also be running by the time you get over to MK. When you check into your resort, stop by the concierge desk or guest relations and they will tell you what you need to do to get to your breakfast ADR.

luv

You can get from resort to resort via Disney transportation - you just need to transfer.

I'd take a bus to the MK and then monorail (on the RESORT monorail!) over to the GF. But you could also get on the first bus to any park and then transfer to the GF bus.

Or you could pony up a few bucks for a cab ride.

Have a great breakfast. I never heard of it. Sounds like fun! :)

jakeman

No. I would go to MK then jump on the monorail. Quickest way.
If the water launch for the MK-GF-Poly loop is open, then that would more than likely be quicker.

The first stop once it leaves Magic Kingdom is the Grand Floridian (as opposed to the monorail which is going to stop at Contemporary, TTC, Polynesian, then Grand Floridian) and it will more than likely be empty as almost all guest will be disembarking at Magic Kingdom.

coachwnh

You'll have no problem getting a bus from pop to MK. From there I recommend the boat. The first stop is the GF. The monorail stops three times before getting to GF. I'm sure your ride to the GF from MK at that time will be easy as most guests will be going the other way. Hope you both enjoy the breakfast. It's one of our favorites!!!

Polydweller

The monorail route from MK is Contemporary - TTC - Poly - GF and it will take about 15 min enroute (depending on any waits at the 3 stops could be longer). The resort boat launch route is MK -GF - Poly -MK and takes about 5 minutes enroute.

The resort launch start s30 minutes before park opening including EMH. So, if its operating it is by far the fastest way to GF.

Either way, add about 3 minutes walk time on the GF grounds to the restaurant.

CoverD

Original Poster
Question, if the boats from the GF to MK start operating at 8:30, what time would the first boat leave MK for the GF and would the they make their 8:40 ADR?

I'm a little worried about this as well. I think that 10 minutes (hoping that the ferry comes on time) is cutting it a little too close to our ADR.

I think I may consider taking a cab as a worst case scenario.

StarWarsGirl

If the water launch for the MK-GF-Poly loop is open, then that would more than likely be quicker.

The first stop once it leaves Magic Kingdom is the Grand Floridian (as opposed to the monorail which is going to stop at Contemporary, TTC, Polynesian, then Grand Floridian) and it will more than likely be empty as almost all guest will be disembarking at Magic Kingdom.

True, but you could end up waiting for the launch whereas you wait, what, five seconds for a monorail?

jrab0616

The buses usually begin running about 6:45. You should have no problem getting a bus to the MK. I would then take the monorail from MK to GF. It may take a little extra time, but I think it's better to do this and get to your destination on time than waiting for the boats.

Our reservations at Chef Mickeys were at 7:15am and we didn't think we'd have enough time to get to the resort taking the bus (and then the walk to CR), so we took at cab. It was about $22 from POP to CR, so I'd imagine it would be similar to the GF.

Stellajack

Premium Member
I'm a little worried about this as well. I think that 10 minutes (hoping that the ferry comes on time) is cutting it a little too close to our ADR.

I think I may consider taking a cab as a worst case scenario.

There's really no need to stress over this. Cab won't be necessary, unless you just want to go straight from resort to GF breakfast.

HouCuseChickie

While buses don't run between resorts...the early morning buses will usually accomodate guests trying to make the character breakfasts. Ex. we were staying at WL and I approached a bus to see if they'd take us directly to the GF for breakfast at 1900 PF...no problem whatsoever.

CoverD

Original Poster
General rule: Resort to Resort means Resort-Park-Resort. Or cab.

Yea, I figured as much, I just haven't been back in about 10-11 years (I think I was 16 at the time) and wasn't sure if Disney had put in anything new to help with breakfasts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom