Trip Report Getting the Most Out of Our APs...or True Dedication: 2 Solo-ish Weekend Trips in a Row! COMPLETED

Hi everybody!! This trip report will be a little different for us, well, me. I had the opportunity (?) To drive myself 7 hours each way from North GA to WDW for two weekends in a row, just getting back tonight from the second.

Since DH (Mrhappyplace) and I became AP holders in December, we have been in planning overdrive!! We have a week-long trip in May planned, and now (spoiler alert) booked the bounceback offer this weekend for a 4 day trip in September. Definitely trying to get our money's worth!

My sister Chrissy, her husband, and my 6- and 4-year-old nephews were spending a week in WDW (they are there until this Wednesday), so DH suggested that I should go down for the weekend to surprise the boys. This sounded like a great idea, so my agent was able to book me a Disney Visa preferred room at All Star Movies, which was great because I wanted to do it on the cheap as much as I could. Fantastic!

Then, about a month ago, my best friend, whom I haven't seen in almost 3 years, texted me, telling me that she had a work trip to Orlando coming up, and to see if I wanted to join her for a weekend trip? Her name is Penny, and she is the person that created this beast. Penny took me to Disney for the first time ever back in 2001. Now, as we like to joke, the student has surpassed the master...but could I drive 14 hours round trip, 2 weekends in a row to demonstrate my Disney love??!!

Stay tuned!! I will continue tomorrow night...

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I took the scenic path over Rivers of America toward my next FP...BTMRR

I made sure to choose the opposite side as last night.

Next, I walked through Adventureland, and caught the beginning of Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial...this show has a special place in my heart because my younger brother participated in it almost 10 years ago, and it was adorableness. There were some Disney suits watching along, too.

It's like they were posing for me (they weren't)

I didn't have time to stay, I had one more FP and then I needed to be on my way...boo. But, on the way toward the hub, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire was going on...which I've also never seen, and it just happened to be the Rapunzel and Flynn Rider part, so I pulled out my long lens and snapped a few pics.

Again, it's like he was waving at me (he was. Just kidding)

And, Olaf!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
And, now my final post :(

My final FP for the day was....to meet Tinker Bell. Yes. Mostly chosen (again) because I knew it wasn't something DH was interested in, so now was my chance.

When I was inside her hollow, the attendant tried to have me stand by the photographer when the party in front of me was meeting, and I told her "I'm not with them, it's just me". So when it was my turn, Tink said to me "don't worry, it's just me too!". She really liked my leggings, and when she pointed to the castles on them she said "this is one of my favorite places" and I told her mine too, and that I saw her fly from there last night. It was cute, and I love how the pics turned out!

First, I liked the details in the room

Especially how the teacup paid homage to Barrie.

And sadly, my weekend trip was over. I went to the bus stop, and was the only guest on the bus (not many people leaving the park at 11) and had a nice chat with the driver the whole way back. Went straight to my car, and was on the road again.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

amjt660

Premium Member
And sadly, my weekend trip was over. I went to the bus stop, and was the only guest on the bus (not many people leaving the park at 11) and had a nice chat with the driver the whole way back. Went straight to my car, and was on the road again.

I am sad that your TR is coming to a close
I really enjoyed reading along and your great pictures
Your time with your nephews seemed extra special!!!

Max

Last edited:

blreinsel

LOVE your outfit! I have the castle leggings too but mine are the blue and yellow ones. I wanted the ones that you have but when my Lula consultant found the others, I took them for fear of never getting any at all! Now to find an Irma that matches as well as yours does... :rolleyes:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
LOVE your outfit! I have the castle leggings too but mine are the blue and yellow ones. I wanted the ones that you have but when my Lula consultant found the others, I took them for fear of never getting any at all! Now to find an Irma that matches as well as yours does... :rolleyes:

Thanks! Took me forever to find this irma, and I actually bought it because I thought it would match 3 other leggings I have, but they didnt. BUT they worked with these castles, though I don't think the castles show up as purple in photos...they look gray.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I experienced the 75 minute bus ride to MK last year on Princess Marathon morning. Only we weren't even dropped off at MK - all the buses were routed to the TTC and we had to take the ferry across, adding in another 20 minutes. So much for rope drop!!

But I will never forget the sight of thousands of runners crossing over the bridge and coming down the opposite side of World Drive towards us....it was such a cool thing to see....that in the end it made up for the frustration of the VERY long commute!

Your nephews are adorable and your time with them was precious!

Thanks for sharing both your solo weekends. May is just around the corner....

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I experienced the 75 minute bus ride to MK last year on Princess Marathon morning. Only we weren't even dropped off at MK - all the buses were routed to the TTC and we had to take the ferry across, adding in another 20 minutes. So much for rope drop!!

But I will never forget the sight of thousands of runners crossing over the bridge and coming down the opposite side of World Drive towards us....it was such a cool thing to see....that in the end it made up for the frustration of the VERY long commute!

Your nephews are adorable and your time with them was precious!

Thanks for sharing both your solo weekends. May is just around the corner....

When we got on the bus, they told us that all bus traffic to MK was rerouted to TTC but somewhere along the route, that changed and they took us to the front entrance...I think that's the biggest reason everyone cheered!

Thank you, and maybe we will see you in May!

*Flynnderella*

Loved reading about both of your trips! Thanks for sharing..:)

We will possibly be there at the same time in May!!!! Its so much sooner than you think ;)

21stamps

I had a Frozen Sing-A-Long FP for the next next show, but since I was done eating, and had no other plans, I went to the next show. This was a first!

The historians were HILARIOUS!

I thought this show was so well done, and I really enjoyed myself. It was never something DH was terribly interested in, so it worked out perfectly. Oh, and even though I was alone, I belted out every song!

My sister texted me right when the show was getting ready to start, so I told her I'd head to meet them at MK when the show was over. So I made my way to the exit, and to the MK bus stop. As I was getting near I saw not one, but two MK buses pulling away at the same time. Boo! So I became first in line, followed by a family and then then 2 girls in their early 20s I'd say. We waited. And waited. We waited 30 minutes or so. Approximately 4 Epcot buses show up in that time span, so finally the family and the girls leave the line for the Epcot bus. Sure enough, as soon as they did, a MK bus finally shows. I waved over to the girls and told them to come get ahead of me, and they were so grateful. I told them that it wouldn't have come if they didn't leave the line, so I owed it to them :p

Coming up tomorrow...meeting up with my very surprised nephews!

Lovin' your report so far!
The drinks at Trader Sam's look delicious!

Frozen Sing A Long is such a fun show..I was really bummed that we missed last time.

21stamps

And, now my final post :(

My final FP for the day was....to meet Tinker Bell. Yes. Mostly chosen (again) because I knew it wasn't something DH was interested in, so now was my chance.

When I was inside her hollow, the attendant tried to have me stand by the photographer when the party in front of me was meeting, and I told her "I'm not with them, it's just me". So when it was my turn, Tink said to me "don't worry, it's just me too!". She really liked my leggings, and when she pointed to the castles on them she said "this is one of my favorite places" and I told her mine too, and that I saw her fly from there last night. It was cute, and I love how the pics turned out!

First, I liked the details in the room

Especially how the teacup paid homage to Barrie.

Thank you for sharing!!! Your nephew is ADORABLE!!! Swiss Family Robinson was a fave of mine during childhood, and now my kiddo lives it as well.
Oh, and riding the cars in MK with a child driver- priceless ❤

Looks like you had a fantastic time!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Loved reading about both of your trips! Thanks for sharing..:)

We will possibly be there at the same time in May!!!! Its so much sooner than you think ;)

Thanks so much for reading!

It is coming very soon! I've already started making piles of clothes :D

Lovin' your report so far!
The drinks at Trader Sam's look delicious!

Frozen Sing A Long is such a fun show..I was really bummed that we missed last time.

I'm mostly a beer drinker, but I do love me some tropical fruity drinks in the right environment, and this was it! They were very yummy, and strong!

I loved it! I laughed hysterically! It was a first time for me.

Thank you for sharing!!! Your nephew is ADORABLE!!! Swiss Family Robinson was a fave of mine during childhood, and now my kiddo lives it as well.
Oh, and riding the cars in MK with a child driver- priceless ❤

Looks like you had a fantastic time!!

Thank you, I think so too! One of my earliest Disney-related memories is watching Swiss Family Robinson. That and Old Yeller and Davy Crockett were our go to movie rental choices when we were little.

Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom