getting married.

mousehockey37

were doing both parks anyway....plus if universal is cool with it can drop it all over twitter....help those guys out.

As I posted prior, it seems that the Universal hotels each offer something for parties under 50.

I'd have to think and agree with others that calling and announcing or even asking to do what you're asking for, they're going to send you to their planners and it's going to cost you more than just the officiant. So I could possibly see Uni shutting you down as well for just an officiant and 7 people standing off to the side in a "picturesque" location.

matt9112

Original Poster
As I posted prior, it seems that the Universal hotels each offer something for parties under 50.

I'd have to think and agree with others that calling and announcing or even asking to do what you're asking for, they're going to send you to their planners and it's going to cost you more than just the officiant. So I could possibly see Uni shutting you down as well for just an officiant and 7 people standing off to the side in a "picturesque" location.

we will find out...

DManRightHere

If it looks like a ceremony and other guests are around, they WILL stop and watch! That will be red flag.

Just call the hotel and tell them your plans and what could be done. Otherwise, renting a pontoon boat on bay lake is genius and may be the cheaper route. Disney and guests will likely have no clue.

jlsHouston

Honestly are you the groom? And your bride is okay with saying her vows this way? What if Disney does catch you and bans you for life? And you can never take your kids to WDW???
Take your group and officiant to the beach and say your vows there and come back to Disney and call it your honeymoon.
I'm all for living on the edge and dangerously but getting banned from Disney for life AND having your wedding ruined..pretty negative consequences.

mousehockey37

Honestly are you the groom? And your bride is okay with saying her vows this way? What if Disney does catch you and bans you for life? And you can never take your kids to WDW???
Take your group and officiant to the beach and say your vows there and come back to Disney and call it your honeymoon.
I'm all for living on the edge and dangerously but getting banned from Disney for life AND having your wedding ruined..pretty negative consequences.

You're going off the premise that if they get caught (pending this is the groom we're talking to) that she'll want to even get married to him, let alone have kids...

Puts a new spin on "Forever alone", lol...

PinnySmart

So you want to do for free what people pay thousands for? Why not just climb over the fence into a park and not buy a ticket while you are at it??

matt9112

Original Poster
So you want to do for free what people pay thousands for? Why not just climb over the fence into a park and not buy a ticket while you are at it??

People pay thousands for a formal service with with formal staff in formal facility's with photo ops wedding planners ect....people DO NOT pay thousands to stand off to the side with a regular sized guest party and simply say a few words.

In any case UPDATE: universal doesn't care as long as it doesn't I quote "will not allow any guest events that will impact the flow of park operations" so mind your PC but do what you want....looks like we get to get married in diagon ally.

matt9112

Original Poster
You're going off the premise that if they get caught (pending this is the groom we're talking to) that she'll want to even get married to him, let alone have kids...

Puts a new spin on "Forever alone", lol...

The compassion of the forum has reached a new low....we already have a child (gasp) and have been in a relationship for 9 years (gasp) somebody quick grab the holy water from the fountain. This is our second family trip to disney and we have been engaged for the last 3 years.

matt9112

Original Poster
The OP won't do that, they're trying to have a wedding under Disney and possibly Universal radar with only 7 people in a nice location, having it look like a little gathering... Hiring a crew would cost money, lol.

Has nothing to do with wanting to be sneaky I don't make stupid rules...disney just wants to yank another 3 grand from yout is all...just like brown napkins. In any case see update above and thanks for the great retort.

matt9112

Original Poster
Lots of things Disney has rules about saying should not be done but guests try pushing the boundaries... getting away with doing them. Personally, I would rather find a way of doing it right, making the day pleasant and memorable and not take any chances of having the ceremony be disrupted.

Do you also think bad laws should just be obeyed? If red shirts were banned tommorow will you just t he ow your hands up and say oh well?

Kosmo1986

Disney's Idea of a 'low-key' wedding (which only allows up to 4 people) is still over 2500. We thought about it too. We are semi-local and ended up eloping in tampa with just the 2 of us. I actually don't think you would be banned if you tried it. If you found a semi-secluded place on property and did it quickly (mine was only about 10 minutes total and we had our own vows) you could probably do it. Actually if anyone asks just say you are getting married tomorrow at the beach and we are just rehearsing. Most of the cast members are maintenance and would not say anything, if they called it in it would take a few minutes to respond and by then it would be over.

Diagon Alley may work but I know from experience it can be PACKED with tons of people and extremely loud and may kinda ruin a really nice intimate wedding.

BTW- to all of the EXTREMELY RUDE people on this forum, your comments are not very Disney like. I realize that you believe this is against the rules, but condemn someone for wanting something small and special? UNCALLED FOR! If you can afford it, that's great, but not everyone wants to shell out money. We all know just stepping foot on disney property takes a huge chuck of money. Getting married in a public area after already paying for rooms to stay there is not the same jumping to fence to get a free ticket. People come here looking for Advice not TROLLS

jlsHouston

The compassion of the forum has reached a new low....we already have a child (gasp) and have been in a relationship for 9 years (gasp) somebody quick grab the holy water from the fountain. This is our second family trip to disney and we have been engaged for the last 3 years.

No it's not lack of compassion on my part, I just think the consequences of this sort of action are not worth the benefit. I try to drill that concept into my adult children constantly because I probably didn't do it enough when they were young. Getting married at Disney is a wonderful idea, but if it is forbidden to do it in the manner you want to try, and you could have your entire ceremony ruined, and get banned from Disney, I don't think you should do it. You're grown so you can and will make your own decision in the matter. I just think it would be a shame if the day you say vows is marred because of the manner you go about it.
Anyways congrats and best wishes on the upcoming nuptials, wherever they may be.

jlsHouston

Disney's Idea of a 'low-key' wedding (which only allows up to 4 people) is still over 2500. We thought about it too. We are semi-local and ended up eloping in tampa with just the 2 of us. I actually don't think you would be banned if you tried it. If you found a semi-secluded place on property and did it quickly (mine was only about 10 minutes total and we had our own vows) you could probably do it. Actually if anyone asks just say you are getting married tomorrow at the beach and we are just rehearsing. Most of the cast members are maintenance and would not say anything, if they called it in it would take a few minutes to respond and by then it would be over.

Diagon Alley may work but I know from experience it can be PACKED with tons of people and extremely loud and may kinda ruin a really nice intimate wedding.

BTW- to all of the EXTREMELY RUDE people on this forum, your comments are not very Disney like. I realize that you believe this is against the rules, but condemn someone for wanting something small and special? UNCALLED FOR! If you can afford it, that's great, but not everyone wants to shell out money. We all know just stepping foot on disney property takes a huge chuck of money. Getting married in a public area after already paying for rooms to stay there is not the same jumping to fence to get a free ticket. People come here looking for Advice not TROLLS

Seriously I don't think it was everyone condemning as much it was we don't want to give bad advice and they end up with a disaster on your wedding day. Nobody is against something small and special but if you do it on Disney property and Disney wants to charge for it and you don't want to pay that fee or you can't afford to pay that fee, then asking for advice on a public forum is probably going to get you the comments you see on this thread. It's unfortunate Disney is a business but it is. Disney is not the only venue that charges for weddings. So it's not like DIsney is doing something wrong to charge for use of their premises.

JIMINYCR

Do you also think bad laws should just be obeyed? If red shirts were banned tommorow will you just t he ow your hands up and say oh well?

Theres lots of "BAD LAWS" out there, in companies, in communities, in states, in govt, even rules in households I dont often agree with. But Disney corporation has determined whats good for their corporation. Its their property, they built it, they run it, by their rules. They have the right to make the rules on their property cause its their company. Its not my place to decide its a bad ruling therefore I can ignore their policy. If the company has decided that is their ruling on wedding ceremonies, its not your place to arbitrarily decide its wrong so its fine for you to disobey it. If you have a problem with their company policy dont do it. Or suffer the consequences. Now if enough guests were to complain about the policy and Disney then decides the rule should be altered then the company might change their policy if it is affecting them negatively enough. But until then.... sorry you should comply or take your chances if you get caught.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom