Getting from Magic Kingdom to Grand Floridian/1900 Fare

VTdisneytravel

Original Poster
How long does it take to get to MK to Grand Floridian/1900 Fare? I am leaving the park at 4:30PM (the only fast pass available for Anna/Elsa) and have reservations @ 1900 Fare for 5:30PM. Do you think I will make it in time? Are the restaurants flexible if I am late?

Minthorne

Boat or monorail it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the crowds and your timing getting to the transportation. I'd plan for 30 minutes to be sure. You should be fine.

Misterdcp

If you get lucky and catch a boat just as it's leaving, it should only take 15 minutes at the most, but most likely the monorail is going to be your best bet. I would think it shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes

Polydweller

Take the gold flag resort launch. About 5 - 7 minutes to GF. There is ten minutes between launches. GF is the fourth stop from MK and is at least 20 minutes and that assumes no waits. After 24 years of this, take the resort launch and its 15-20 minutes.

slappy magoo

Why not just use the secret walkway from MK to GF available only to WDW Magic Platinum Members? Moving air conditioned sidewalk...plenty of photo ops with rare and obscure characters like Little John & Lampy from Pete's Dragon...complimentary Dole Whips...

Oh...you're not a Platinum Member?

Never mind...forget I said anything...

...can't believe I wasted my time talking to a nobody like that...

thomas998

How long does it take to get to MK to Grand Floridian/1900 Fare? I am leaving the park at 4:30PM (the only fast pass available for Anna/Elsa) and have reservations @ 1900 Fare for 5:30PM. Do you think I will make it in time? Are the restaurants flexible if I am late?

With one hour you have plenty of time, especially since you aren't leaving late in the evening when lots of folks start leaving... The only concern you really should have is that a fastpass for 4:30 doesn't mean you will be done at 4:30 it means they'll let you enter the fastpass line at 4:30 which may already be longer than you think depending on others with a 4:30 pass... you could easily be stuck waiting 30 minutes and not get out until 5:00.

I would suggest the monorail would be your best bet, but get the resort side not the transportation hub side, at 5:00 in the afternoon it shouldn't be crowded and there should be no problem getting from MK to Floridian in about 15-20 minutes. The question you then face is how long will it take you to get from Elsa and Anna to the monorail... Honestly you are going to be cutting it close.... but I also wouldn't worry about being a little late. We usually do the 1900 for dinner and have never ever been seated right on time always seems to be running a little late.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You'll be fine. As others noted, if a boat is just coming into dock, or at dock (you'll be able to see that as you walk to the Monorail station), just grab that.

Otherwise, the RESORT LINE monorail is your best bet.

jaklgreen

Take the gold flag resort launch. About 5 - 7 minutes to GF. There is ten minutes between launches. GF is the fourth stop from MK and is at least 20 minutes and that assumes no waits. After 24 years of this, take the resort launch and its 15-20 minutes.

This is not right. They have a friendship boat that just goes from MK-GF-Poly-MK, in that order. So from MK you go first to GF. We were just there 2 weeks ago and used it. Not sure what boat you are referring to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom