Getting from Disney World Resorts to Universal

Flyersgirl17

Hey Everyone!!!

We are planning a trip for mid-January and are going to have 2 off days. One of those days we thought about going to universal. We are not planning to rent a car and i really don't want to take a taxi. We thought about using a shuttle service. I remember seeing a bus that was taking people to the kennedy space center and another that took people to universal. Can anyone recommend or give any insight to going about this??? Thanks in advance!!!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If you don't rent a car your only real option is taking a cab and that can be even pricier than renting a car for the day and paying parking at UNI. They may have shuttles at non Disney hotels or another location but you still would have to take a cab to get to said shuttle if you can do that. :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Disney isnt about to offer an easy way to get their Guests off property so they can spend their time and money at a competing park or attraction. Theyve done all they can to keep you ALL to themselves. Every dollar spent elsewhere is a dollar lost.
We've used several services. Mears has been the most reliable but even they have at times messed up a reserved ride. No matter who you go with confirm and reconfirm your ride reservation.

Upvote 0

jackson2005

I got a quote from Mears for a van for 7 to Universal, was $54.00 each way. If you have a lower number of people a Mears cab was $33.00. each way.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Check out the public bus system - the Lynx. Their schedule is online. We took it from the Ticket and Transportation Center to Sea World and then back to Downtown Disney. It cost $12 round trip for a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids). It was cheap, convenient and clean. The driver was very helpful. There's an information booth at the TTC. The person there can also help you.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Mears does run shuttle buses, some TAs will bundle the transit with your Uni ticket. You can also do a cab, car service, look into Uber, or as mentioned do Lynx from DTD. Lynx will by far be the cheapest option, but I think their trip estimator indicated it could take about 2 hours to get to Uni and you had to do a few transfers. Shuttle isn't bad for 1, maybe 2 people, but beyond that Uber or rental may end up being cheapest. You can do a one day rental for under $50, and even if you throw in $20 for gas and parking, it's still going to match or be cheaper than most of the transportation options. (Alamo is showing a SUV rental from the care car center for $39 next week, no coupons or codes needed)

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Hey Everyone!!!

We are planning a trip for mid-January and are going to have 2 off days. One of those days we thought about going to universal. We are not planning to rent a car and i really don't want to take a taxi. We thought about using a shuttle service. I remember seeing a bus that was taking people to the kennedy space center and another that took people to universal. Can anyone recommend or give any insight to going about this??? Thanks in advance!!!
I was looking into doing the same thing. I was going to do the shuttle. BUT have you priced the tickets for Uni. What really stinks is the Harry Potter rides are split between the parks so you have to get tickets for both parks.

Upvote 0

Flyersgirl17

Original Poster
I was looking into doing the same thing. I was going to do the shuttle. BUT have you priced the tickets for Uni. What really stinks is the Harry Potter rides are split between the parks so you have to get tickets for both parks.
I know!!!! that kinda sucks!!! still pricing it out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom