Getting a table without reservation?

SamJYung

Original Poster
I know you can make reservations 180 days in advance...I think?

Say for example you wanted to go to Dinner at Ohana, It's still possible without a reservation right? Any idea how long the wait would be approximately? The only restaurant I managed to book was 'Be Our Guest' for lunch, but wanted to book a few others such as Ohana, Trail's End etc.

belledream

Yes, you can book dining reservations 180 days in advance of your arrival date, for the length of your stay.

Ohana is a restaurant you will definitely not be able to get into without a reservation. It is highly popular and booked solid, like Be Our Guest.

Some of the less popular restaurants may be able to accommodate walk ins, but I wouldn't chance it. If you know you'd like to eat somewhere, just make the reservation.

Variable

If you are few in number, 4 probably the max, don't discount the walk up.
Be willing to eat a little earlier or later than the uber scheduled crowd, and be willing to wait casually and presenting nary a care in the world.

Things have been known to happen.

HurricaneHanna

A lot of the Disney restaurants base their staffing on the reservation count. The result is that often, even if the restaurant is only partially full, they won't accommodate walk ups. It's best to have reservations to avoid disappointment. If the ones you want aren't available, keep trying. Guests are allowed to cancel without penalty up until the night before a reservation and it's possible to get even high demand tables on the morning of. Be sure to download the app so that you can check back for availability easily during your trip.

dreamfinder

It will depend on the restaurant, but don't count on it. You may luck out and be able to get a walk up, but many times I've seen the host turn people away saying they aren't accepting walk ups. None of the Disney O/O locations hold any tables back for walk ups, so they will either assign them all to ADR's, or may simply choose to not staff/seat them as a PP mentioned. Odds are if you cannot get an ADR, they will most likely not take walk ups simply because they are already fully booked, or if they do you may need to wait a few hours til the crowds die down (IE eat lunch at 2:30-3 before they start to prep for dinner). Epcot you can usually find something due to the sheer number of TS locations, and most resort restaurants are usually a safe bet (except for things like character meals IE Ohana).

picklebee

I have had good luck at securing my reservations at night the night before. People change their minds and you can benefit from their cancellations.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
We usually go as a large group (6-9 folks), and although I don't like booking way in advance, you're almost forced to, if you want a particular restaurant, to accommodate our party size and reasonable time (7-8 pm), considering how Disney allows booking up to 180 (plus ten days for some folks). I will also say that there have been times where we've also gotten lucky with a last minute change with smaller party size and if you're flexible with place to eat/time.

bethymouse

Never had luck on walk-ups.:( But, I believe if you want to eat at a particular restaurant and you're staying at that resort, they try to accommodate you.

dreamfinder

Never had luck on walk-ups.:( But, I believe if you want to eat at a particular restaurant and you're staying at that resort, they try to accommodate you.

This isn't a hard and fast rule. A good host will try to accommodate any guest who asks, and some may give preference to those staying at the resort, but I wouldn't count on it by any means.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom