Get "the fever" before you go

disneymyway

Original Poster
My daughter calls getting excited about a trip "getting the fever".

One fun way to do that is to call 407-363-6200 or emailing
http:// www.wdw.mailorder@disneyworld.com

and order some mouse ears or autograph books to surprise the kids. Wrap them up for a present as a cool way to announce that
We're going to WDW!!!

You can pretty much order anything they sell in the parks!

Kelsybelle

I ALWAYS have the fever,LOL.

But,yeah I usually watch some planning vids to get me super pumped.;)

I'm with you on that one! :lol:

When my trip is down to the 2 week mark and the luggage is out and everything is in order and we are almost there, it is so hard for me to think about anything else!

disneymyway

Original Poster
I'm with you guys - I always tell people that my whole life revolves around being on a trip or planning a trip, so my fever never really breaks.

But I have gone to WDW or helped people plan trips who were pretty "symptom free", LOL, and just didn't seem that excited to be going. My nephews, for example, had never been there and were just kind of like :shrug: "yeah, whatever" until we started working on them. We did things like send them a couple of disney dollars a week with other little surprises to give them a little taste of WDW and they were a lot more excited by the time we left.

It was a great trip, as a matter of fact!!:)

CBug88

I never break from Disne "fever" it seems. I have a countdown on my work computer, which I check everyday (currently 64 days to go!:sohappy:).
I also watch planner videos w/ my parents and continously listen to any Disney Park Sound track I can get my hands on (this usually consists of laying out in the sun listening to the AK soundtrack, getting my tan ready for FL) :lol:

jonnyc

The planning videos are a must. We will watch all 8/9 that we have quite a few times before we go. Although i found they have dipped in quality since around 2005.

kidrericha

I'm a year away this week. I had the fever the moment we decided. I've been rotating desktop backgrounds of photos from around WDW.

I do all these things you guys do!!!! My DD is little and she will watch the sing alongs that were filmed in WDW. Discovery Island :( is on the camp out sing alongs.!

partyoffour

I have a count down out on the desk as soon as u walk in the house. My kids have been watching the video about disney on a daily basis. I think we have the fever bad :)

WishIWasAtWDW

i got the fever...bad

i have the disney fever sooo bad! my trip is currently 27 days away and it is so hard for me to think about anything else. i review my trip itinerary daily to make sure i haven't forgotten anything! i also plan on watching a bunch of my favorite disney movies right before i leave to really get me in the disney mood!

Bunni

I have constant Disney fever!! I was supposed to be going this April had it all sorted but my fiance's boss said he wasn't allowed the time off :( it sucked as it was for my mum's bday. I listen to the themepark audio all day at work, watch the planning DVDs with mum and the holiday ones that I have made (Always helps my dad who is a bit of a disneyworld sceptic remember just how much fun he always has there). I have to top up on disney by going to Paris once / twice a year to get my fix. I love making photo books of our trips as well, they are great reminders when the disney blues start to set in. I also have started making Disney costumes, I am a UK cosplayer and Disney costumes are starting to appear more and more on my lists. I have made an ariel one and I am currently working on a Pocahontas one.
Ariel

Hope the link works.

TakeMeThere81

I constantly have Disney fever too! :ROFLOL:My friends think I'm a dork and many of them don't understand. My DH has caught on finally though and it is so much fun doing it together! I keep a countdown current in my weekly planner (85 days til my birthday trip in April-yay!), I watch the planning dvds and listen to park music throughout the day on some days.

I also love planning our trip. I get on Word, and analyze every day we'll be there, each parks' hours, parades, fireworks, EMH, etc, and then highlight the best park for each day.

I also make a special list of new things we've never seen that we will do, that is exciting. Before our next trip we're buying the family members w/Mickey ears window clings for our car, and among other things, this trip includes visiting the water parks for the first time! I'm excited!

wendysue

Crazy for WDW

My coworkers think I am crazy, as I have the countdown on my desktop and my calendars and it's all I think about. It's the only thing that keeps me going through the cold, cold days of winter!:sohappy:

mr_braver23

Same here!!! Its all I think about to be honest about it! I even think my 7 year old is tired of hearing it from me! Thirty five more days to go!

Jenna

The fever never dies in my house :D We've spent the past two weeks watching past holiday videos...it's sooo much fun :D It gets everyone pumped for our next trip! :D

3disprincesses

No one has mentioned watching the rides/shows on video sharing sites. Last fall when I was getting my little one excited about her first trip she watched all the rides on youtube. It was fun seeing her recognize things she had seen on the internet as well as the trip planning videos.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Planning for my trip in less than 3 weeks has really been giving me the 'fever'! Constant WDW music, planning, looking at menus, old maps, scouring eBay for small treasures we can get before heading down (like cheap pins to trade)... AH! I officially started packing yesterday. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom