Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Kona and Poly are looking for my final thoughts....

IMG_0319.JPG

....not under there, guys!

Here: :cat:
* A good party tunes soundtrack makes an 8-hour drive fly by! I have flown to WDW my last several trips and was not looking forward to hours in the car ~ but it ended up being a lot of fun! (So much, in fact, that we are doing it again in April.) (But mostly because spring break airfare is ridic!!! ;))

We proved again that you don't need to book months in advance for the best restaurants and FPs. (Although being only a party of 2 helped.)

* Value resorts are perfect if you only use the room to shower and sleep (and don't have to share a bed.) The room was in decent shape and mousekeeping always left us extra towels and toiletries. However, the TP is as thin as tissue paper (are we really saving money, Disney, if guests have to use twice as much?) Next time I will remember to bring some from home. :facepalm:

* Pop has terrific bus service.

* Pop did take notice of potential "loud party problems" after my first night's complaint. Each evening thereafter 4 security guards were stationed in front of our building ~ their presence enough to thwart the screaming, chanting, music-thumping tour groups.

* Avoid the food court in the mornings when groups (of any kind!) are there. No matter how much you want Mickey waffles, you'll enjoy a donut in the room more.

* The new metal detectors were not an inconvenience, even during the morning rush. Accept that they are now part of the "Disney experience" and you'll be less annoyed by them.

* Restrooms, on the other hand, are deplorable. In all my visits (trust me, there were many, ask Em) I only saw an attendant one time. No matter which restroom I was in, at least half of the paper towel dispensers were not working. (Two of the dispensers in the Tangled restroom have been broken since last summer!) Many faucets did not sense when soapy hands were underneath them.:mad: TP was not replenished. Garbage cans overflowed. I could always count on Disney for immaculate restrooms. I can't anymore. :(

* As disappointed as we were that the train did not reopen on February 17 as scheduled, we are even more fearful of the rumors that the train is becoming a "seasonal" attraction....and we all know what that means (Wonders of Life, Sounds Dangerous, Stitch's Great Escape.....) Honestly, the death of the MPB would break our hearts.

* We were thisclose to getting the red card on Little Mermaid. But the young boy in front of us was beaming which made our loss bearable.

* @Longers, I am counting the ice cream scoop on my Ooey Gooey Cake so that I can say I had ice cream every day. :D

* And for those of you still reeling from shock that we sacrificed the Darth Vader and Red Velvet Valentine cupcakes, you can breathe easier. We got them "to-go" on our last night and ate them once home. :hungry: (Although the Darth Vader candy is no longer dark chocolate....he is milk chocolate covered with a dark ganache. Sad.)

* We can't wait to go back.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Kona and Poly are looking for wild game ....

img_0319-jpg.191272

FTFY! :hilarious:

Pop has terrific bus service.

* Pop did take notice of potential "loud party problems" after my first night's complaint. Each evening thereafter 4 security guards were stationed in front of our building ~ their presence enough to thwart the screaming, chanting, music-thumping tour groups.

It's about time they started to really deal with this noise issue--have heard multiple complaints about this in these forums over the years.

Glad to hear that the bus service was good for Pop.

Restrooms, on the other hand, are deplorable. In all my visits (trust me, there were many, ask Em) I only saw an attendant one time. No matter which restroom I was in, at least half of the paper towel dispensers were not working. (Two of the dispensers in the Tangled restroom have been broken since last summer!) Many faucets did not sense when soapy hands were underneath them.:mad: TP was not replenished. Garbage cans overflowed. I could always count on Disney for immaculate restrooms. I can't anymore. :(

This is not good . . . some of these are health code violations . . .

Figgy1

Premium Member
@Longers will say it's always a perfect day for ice cream. While we agree to an extent, the hot Florida sun and humidity tend to make a melty mess of ice cream pretty quickly.

Today was cloudy. And only 70 degrees. A perfect day to eat ice cream on the Boardwalk!

View attachment 190470

We have read about the ice cream flight (6 flavors, $9.49) and decided we needed to try it!

The limited-time flavor sounded really good to both of us so we got 2 scoops of it.
View attachment 190471

Our other 4 choices were:
View attachment 190472

View attachment 190473

View attachment 190474

View attachment 190475

How cool (literally!) is this......
View attachment 190476

View attachment 190477

The scoops were a generous size and a better value than two single-scoop servings which would have cost us $12. And each flavor was yummy. :hungry:

@Longers, we thought of you again!

View attachment 190478
Just chillin'

As we were leaving, an Ample Hills employee was setting up this menu board. @Tiggerish, had we known float #2 was an option..........:joyfull:

View attachment 190479
I need that hard cherry float it's been a long day:oops:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Scoppin

Thanks @Tuvalu I know I need to go more often. My dh has a few let's just say issues:grumpy: I take some comfort in the fact when we go we don't take short trips. If you read my TR doing that type trip every year would bankrupt us very quickly.

Don't feel too bad. At least you go every 2/3 years. There is no trip in our near future and basically for the reason you mentioned above. :cry::cry::cry: :bawling: Sometimes it just is not possible, but at least we have gone and made the best of it. :):)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks @Tuvalu I know I need to go more often. My dh has a few let's just say issues:grumpy: I take some comfort in the fact when we go we don't take short trips. If you read my TR doing that type trip every year would bankrupt us very quickly.

Don't feel too bad. At least you go every 2/3 years. There is no trip in our near future and basically for the reason you mentioned above. :cry::cry::cry: :bawling: Sometimes it just is not possible, but at least we have gone and made the best of it. :):)

I'm the same way. I want to go again, and hopefully it won't take another 12 years to do so. :)
Pixie dust that all of you get to return to the world sooner than you think! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom