German Restaurant

Chezman1399

It's my favorite restaurant in Epcot. Very good buffet in my opinion. The beer selection is great, I usually get one of the beer flights. I could eat the Bavarian Cheesecake there all day.

Growing up with Polka music I absolutely love the band. I know those are just generalizations, but I love the place.

zurgandfriend

It is one of our favorites, very October-fest in the atmosphere as you eat at long tables. The entertainment is fun, decent buffet and good beer, enjoy!

lostpro9het

IMO, out of 5:
Food quality: 3
Food variety: 5
Beer: 4
Atmosphere: 5
Entertainment: 5
Value: 3.5

Biggest pros: Entertainment and variety of good food/drink.
Biggest cons: Having to eat dinner with up to 6 strangers. If you're a lite eater the value of the meal takes a big hit.

We had a great time this past September but we were seated with some very opinionated/awkward folks. Overall we had a good time but wont be back. We would suggest anyone try it at least once.

EDIT:
My recent review starts here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-africa-trek-pics.890079/page-3#post-6332341

Last edited:

docdebbi

another vote for enjoying this restaurant. however, don't get a wine flight unless you like starting at sweet and going to sickeningly sweet. i love all wine, except these. just too sweet for me.
but the food, very good

Wisconsin

Sitting elbow-to-elbow with strangers isn't my favorite but the atmosphere and food make up for it. If you go in with a fun, positive attitude, you'll have a great time!

aw14

The atmosphere is great. You truly feel as though you are outside in a little village. However, we found he food mediocre at best and also had a bad experience with racist table mates.

harryk

Have been twice. I'm not big on buffets - but the choices were excellent and I had no problem going back for seconds. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our table mates on both visits were not use to having others at the table with them and proved to be non-communicative.....but that's their problem. Some people just don't get it - possibly they did not expect to have this type of atmosphere. Entertainment was very good.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I've enjoyed many great meals there, and very luckily, have always managed to wind up with good people joining our party at the table. Make your way to youtube in preparation of singing along with the band and most of all, have fun!

Minthorne

I've been once and we sat with a family of 6 where only the oldest son spoke any English - they were Spanish speaking and our Spanish was pretty poor. Never the less they were super friendly people and the son did an amazing job translating while eating. I have to say that made a pretty good meal great!

Tom 55

It is a buffet so you can just take a little piece to taste. I found that there was enough things I liked to be full. The wife liked the beer choices. It has a nice Octoberfest feel to it.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 39

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Wenn Sie Deutsch Essen mögen, dann werden Sie es genießen. Seriously if you don't know what the German foods are , think lots of preserved and fresh meat (sausages), preserved vegetables (pickled), and starches (bread and potatoes). There are outliers in different regions and adopted foods but sausage and stein is the typical rule. Just be wary of anything on the buffet that is named Sülze, Schwartenmagen or Presskopf.

Chef Mickey

IMO, out of 5:
Food quality: 3
Food variety: 5
Beer: 4
Atmosphere: 5
Entertainment: 5
Value: 3.5

Biggest pros: Entertainment and variety of good food/drink.
Biggest cons: Having to eat dinner with up to 6 strangers. If you're a lite eater the value of the meal takes a big hit.

We had a great time this past September but we were seated with some very opinionated/awkward folks. Overall we had a good time but wont be back. We would suggest anyone try it at least once.

EDIT:
My recent review starts here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-africa-trek-pics.890079/page-3#post-6332341
Haha, I totally feel you on the awkward people. Why are there so many of them? I am constantly seated with strange people at Teppan Edo. They are never loud or obnoxious, but always a little strange. Like this 7 year kid that ordered Swordfish. I'm like, what? Or the families just seem strange. Like you kind of can't figure out the situation.

Another time we were asked what religion we follow by some Bible beater from Alabama. I'm like, uhm, ok...not talking to you anymore.

Nemo14

That's funny - how did WDWMagic come up in the conversation?
I don't really remember- I may have been wearing my pin(?). They had just been upgraded to the Beach Club from one of the Value resorts if I remember correctly.

BuddyThomas

It's an incredible amount of fun, especially if you don't mind sitting with strangers and you have strangers at your table who feel the same. If you gasp at the thought of someone outside your group conversing with you, this might not be for you. But we have had so much fun here every single time. It probably helps that we've always gotten seated with fellow lushes who are downing the gigantic beers. If we got seated next to Mr. And Mrs. Prohibition, maybe our experience would have been a bit different, but I doubt it. The atmosphere encourages friendliness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom