General Pandora and Valley of Mo'ara reviews, comments and questions

I am Timmy

Spectacular. If you look towards the show building it feels like you are in a valley. I was worried this would be a letdown after all the pictures posted here. Nope. It's stunning. Look for the old base walls being devoured by nature.

One of the 'animals' in the forest let out a roar and the CM on duty said, "What's that girl? Timmy fell in the well again?" He must have to listen to that all day. And if you get that joke you're old. :)
What well? Where is the well? That sounds like something that could ruin my whole trip. Note to self.... must avoid the well.

I am Timmy

Does anyone know if Pandora open for EMH? I may end taking an Uber if we need to get there extra early, although my trip is not until December.

Roknrollrghostr

Does anyone know if Pandora open for EMH? I may end taking an Uber if we need to get there extra early, although my trip is not until December.
When are you going in December? The hours for the first half of the month are out, but not the second. This far out, anything could change though.

I am Timmy

When are you going in December? The hours for the first half of the month are out, but not the second. This far out, anything could change though.
We'll be there Dec. 10th - Dec. 24th. I have EMH AK planned for Mon. 11th and Sat. 16th, but read somewhere that Pandora is not open for EMH. I don't know if that is true, but I sure hope not! I'd like to take that hour before park opening to hang out there, I mean that's the plan.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Got my FP for FoP at my 60 day window. How are the wait times for Na'vi? We've got several hours between our breakfast ADR at Tusker House and FoP, so I plan on spending some of that time waiting for Na'vi...but I'm not going to wait more than 1 hour.

Have they opened the single rider line for FoP yet? In spite of my repeated askings, the 3rd person in our party has yet to get his AP, so he may be out of luck for FoP if there's no single rider line - I'm not giving up my FP....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Got my FP for FoP at my 60 day window. How are the wait times for Na'vi? We've got several hours between our breakfast ADR at Tusker House and FoP, so I plan on spending some of that time waiting for Na'vi...but I'm not going to wait more than 1 hour.

Have they opened the single rider line for FoP yet? In spite of my repeated askings, the 3rd person in our party has yet to get his AP, so he may be out of luck for FoP if there's no single rider line - I'm not giving up my FP....
Single rider was still not open as of a couple days ago. The river ride generally had a shorter wait but I may only recall seeing the wait at 75 minutes the last couple of weeks and that was only for a brief time. Minimum two hour waits were common.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would say my absolute favorite part of Pandora are all of the RDA remnants that are either being repurposed or being reclaimed by the jungle. The manhole covers, the barrel rust stains in the concrete, the crashed helicopter covered in vibes, those are the kind of immersive details that directly link to the film and tell a story without explicitly stating it.
Totally missed the crashed copter.

Roknrollrghostr

We'll be there Dec. 10th - Dec. 24th. I have EMH AK planned for Mon. 11th and Sat. 16th, but read somewhere that Pandora is not open for EMH. I don't know if that is true, but I sure hope not! I'd like to take that hour before park opening to hang out there, I mean that's the plan.
I just realized you were only asking about Pandora.:facepalm: I can't imagine it wouldn't be open, but I haven't heard anything specific.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Single rider was still not open as of a couple days ago. The river ride generally had a shorter wait but I may only recall seeing the wait at 75 minutes the last couple of weeks and that was only for a brief time. Minimum two hour waits were common.

We're not going until mid-August, so I'm hoping crowds won't be too bad since kids should be heading back to school by then.

I kept telling him to get tickets or AP by the 10th (he let his AP expire last year, so he has to pay deposit and monthly payment...was only $125), but he didn't, so he's going to be SOL.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We're not going until mid-August, so I'm hoping crowds won't be too bad since kids should be heading back to school by then.

I kept telling him to get tickets or AP by the 10th (he let his AP expire last year, so he has to pay deposit and monthly payment...was only $125), but he didn't, so he's going to be SOL.....
Also depends if you are hitting that park on a weekend or weekday. My guess is that weekends are going to be crazy and if I were local, I know where i would be hanging out on a Friday or Saturday night for a while. I think this is going to be a gathering place for a while, which long term could be a problem just like it was for the Adventurers Club. Alot of people taking up space not spending. I would imagine that revenue stream for this section of the park is going to be essential to keep a budget in place to support continued maintenance.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Also depends if you are hitting that park on a weekend or weekday. My guess is that weekends are going to be crazy and if I were local, I know where i would be hanging out on a Friday or Saturday night for a while. I think this is going to be a gathering place for a while, which long term could be a problem just like it was for the Adventurers Club. Alot of people taking up space not spending. I would imagine that revenue stream for this section of the park is going to be essential to keep a budget in place to support continued maintenance.

We're doing DAK on Friday, since they wanted to take a long weekend and go. I was perfectly happy waiting until I return in November, since I'd done the AP preview. But she knows I have DVC points, so she suggested (begged) this trip. If he doesn't get something by the time my cancellation deadline for the DVC room rolls around, I'm cancelling the trip. They can go on their own...and pay for the room.

RSoxNo1

Where is the helicopter? In the Flight of Passage queue, there's a catwalk that's being reclaimed by nature that looks pretty darn cool.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
One thing I don't like about the whole idea of Pandora...and this may just be me.......is the emphasis on having people say words in the "Navi" language as if it's real.

Now this is different IMO, to other things that have a massive following, like Klingon or Elvish. In many ways, it feels to me like James Cameron & Co. attempting to push this theme into public consciousness that it never really had even after the movie came out.

Having a translator device or lots of CM's talking about ____ means ______ in Navi just feels very forced.

RSoxNo1

One thing I don't like about the whole idea of Pandora...and this may just be me.......is the emphasis on having people say words in the "Navi" language as if it's real.

Now this is different IMO, to other things that have a massive following, like Klingon or Elvish. In many ways, it feels to me like James Cameron & Co. attempting to push this theme into public consciousness that it never really had even after the movie came out.

Having a translator device or lots of CM's talking about ____ means ______ in Navi just feels very forced.
It's used about as often as Non-English words are used in Africa and Asia.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's used about as often as Non-English words are used in Africa and Asia.

Between DL and WDW, there are three alien alphabets in use. (And Na'vi isn't one of them, since they don't have a written language.)

Points to identifying the three (they're all one for one substitutes for English letters).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom