General news on the Magic Kingdom

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
I think Disney should stop buying up cable companies for $5 billion and worry about expanding the transportation system in WDW!!

ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner.....ding, ding, ding

Same thing I've been saying WDWI. Expand the monorail now before it does become to costly to even do.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by jazcatsnh

A senior cast member in the Emporium (been with Disney for 20 years) told us of the current mast plan for 2015 - 2 more theme parks, 2 more water parks and 18 more hotels. Not joking. He said the order is right now is finish pop century, build water park near there (which is right next to the Caribean beach resort), then more hotels when break groun for new park in 2005, then hotels, then water park, then theme park to break ground in 2011. Can change. We asked him any ideas on what the park was and he said the first one they have heard will be the same one they are doing in Tokyo (I assume he means Disney Sea).

Another cast member confirmed bits of this but did not know as many details.

Dont get carried away with what you hear from CMs. While what he is saying here is more than likely in one of MANY possible plans, dont take it as fact.

CMs are a great source of rumors and current information, but many of them are completely wild rumors. No CM at WDW has inside confirmed information on long range plans. If this information were to be leaked to the public, (such as new hotels and resorts) - this could have an effect on the company stock price overnight. Disney execs are not stupid enougth to let this happen, so they protect the information by not telling the 50000 CMs that work at WDW until that information is ready to be released to the public.

So when a CM says they are planning 18 more hotels - yeah that may true - but dont take it as true jsut because a CM says this. There are very few people that know with certaintly what will happen, and those people are not working in the parks!!

A lot of CMs like to talk as though they are fully clued in with every new plan that is in operation, when infact they are not. All the official information that they get arrives at almost the same time as it hits the public information routes. So in reality most CMs only know about as much as we do on the outside as to what is happening with new projects.

Having said all that - some CMs are a great source of information that is going on in the very near furture in the parks - that is where a lot of info on my site comes from. And I am very grateful to those who help me out! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom