General news on AK

jazcatsnh

Original Poster
First off go when it is cloudy. The animals are much more awake and aware. We saw a ton of animals during our first safari on a cool wet day.

Second this park seems a little more crowded on Tuesday-Thursday rather than weekends. DOnt know why but it is.

The Dinosaur ride seems a little different. We taped it last year and 3 times the Carnotaur came out. This year we counted 5 times and the system really flys you around now. certainly a good ride. No waits for it in the morning also (up until about 10am).

The construction area for the 2 new Dino rides is progressing nicely along "a highway" like road they put in (Rt 466 I think). The track for the wild mouse can be sean about 1.5 stories up no. It takes up the area where the dinasour bone exhibit during last years millenium was housed and stretches over to the Tarzan show theatre.

The river area is still not used and the dragon did not spew fire once during the trip.

Look for IVY, the living plant between Asai and Africa. We ran across her on that walkway. The character looks like ivy against a wall or tree but then it moves. It is a character on stilts (arms and legs) that acts like the foliage around it. You only see her face at the end when she opens up.

Also there is a talking palm tree outside every morning to talk to.

Character viewing area is full like every hour with 4 - 5 characters outside the main entrance.

Rumors - According to a show director at the Lion King show they are still working on a new land to connect to Camp Minnie Mickey. They supposedly start surveying in the fall for size and scope of what to add on. Also they are working on another entrance/exit into Camp Minnie Mickey supposedly. Definitely needed.

They are doing some minor construction/rehab as well at the bus stop, and over in Asia when you first cross the bridge.

jazcatsnh

Original Poster
No one (10 people we talked with) knew that name but 6 of them heard it was "Mythical Creature Land" and would finally involve a dragon. Interestingly enough the original logo with the dragon is all over the lace again down there after being gone (or mostly gone last year).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by jazcatsnh
The Dinosaur ride seems a little different. We taped it last year and 3 times the Carnotaur came out. This year we counted 5 times and the system really flys you around now. certainly a good ride. No waits for it in the morning also (up until about 10am).

Where was the extra Carnotaur?
There is 1 on the left (first encounter).
The Chase Sequence on the left (second encounter)
Then the photo sequence on the right(third encounter)
Then the finale where he appears overhead (4th sequence)

Has another one been added?? Or am I missing one?

Thanks for great report again!

WDW-Imagineer

No one (10 people we talked with) knew that name but 6 of them heard it was "Mythical Creature Land" and would finally involve a dragon. Interestingly enough the original logo with the dragon is all over the lace again down there after being gone (or mostly gone last year).

Mythical Creature Land is Beastly Kingdom. Remember when AK was announced... it was about Animals that were, are now, and never were (something like that). Is the dragon's head at the ticket booth still there??

Disney HAS to build mythical creatures land (beastly) because it was originally a 3rd of the park. So I can't see them not building it.

jazcatsnh

Original Poster
I agree WDW, I was just letting you know they knew of Dragons and Unicorns.

By the one, one guy, looked like a manager based on no uniform, but a polo shirt, the ear piece to communicate asked us point blank how we knew anything was being added. I mentioned this site and Steve he said "Oh, OK well yes their is a new land planned about mythical creatures and it has been greenlighted but I cannot tell you anymore".

WDW-Imagineer

By the one, one guy, looked like a manager based on no uniform, but a polo shirt, the ear piece to communicate asked us point blank how we knew anything was being added. I mentioned this site and Steve he said "Oh, OK well yes their is a new land planned about mythical creatures and it has been greenlighted but I cannot tell you anymore".

:confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Mom

Premium Member

If he had, he would have had to shoot you. ;)

markymark

Another great report jaz!

Lets hope what the guy said about a new area being greenlighter is true and they continue to expand on this great park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom