Gay Disney Fans shout out

Gay local fan here. I think sometimes it's just nice to know that you're "not alone" as it were. That's kinda why fan groups form in the first place. I also get the desire to have your significant other be a fan as well. It's nice to have things to share. I recently had some great experiences at some fan meet ups, and while I'm usually really shy, introverted, and extremely quiet when I meet new people, with other fans I was surprised at how quickly I opened up and was actively engaged in conversations, joking around and everything. It was wonderful.

MickeyPeace

Straight Disney fan here, but I can tell you that the 5 months I spent working at WDW was definitely an eye-opener in the appeal Disney has to the gay community. I knew going in that the gay:straight ratio would be higher than I was used to, but it was still higher than I expected.

Of course some were easier to spot than others, but it seems like every week or two I would find out another low-key co-worker I had automatically tagged as straight was gay. By the end of my program, I also learned that all 3 of my roommates were either gay or bi$exual. I like to think the experience helped me relate to gay people better and not rely on stereotypes so heavily when I meet new people.

I love this post! People stereotype gays but there as as many variations of personality and masculinity with gays as there are with straights.

MickeyPeace

I am gay (and currently single!). I just wrote a post on my blog addressing the issue of being gay in WDW. I'm not sure if I can post a link here. Anyone know the rules about that?

Wilt Dasney

I am gay (and currently single!). I just wrote a post on my blog addressing the issue of being gay in WDW. I'm not sure if I can post a link here. Anyone know the rules about that?

I hope I don't steer you wrong, but it seems outside links are generally OK here. The only real exceptions I've noted are spamming and inappropriate content. If your blog has any adult-oriented material, you could always copy and paste the relevant text without a link.

The Mom

Premium Member
No problem. :)

And I had a blast working there...partially due to the fact there was a lot less competition for girls. :lookaroun :lol:

The exact same sentiment that my Daughter's pas de deux teacher (straight) voiced. The other guys would make fun of him when he was in Middle School, but he had the last laugh in HS when he had his choice of hot dancers to date while they were sitting home alone.

The Mom

Premium Member

Links to blogs are OK, unless they contain inappropriate language/material (if you have to ask, it probably is) or links to commercial websites that haven't been approved (ie, sponsors who contribute to running this site) - or any website that have asked us not to allow hot linking.

There are sometimes exceptions, such as when someone asks about a specific product, and a poster links to a website. When in doubt, check with a mod. :)

Banksy

Equality <3

Disney <3

I may be a straight, but one of the things i wish for in the world is equality and for LGBT to get their fairy tale ending they deserve :)

MickeyPeace

Links to blogs are OK, unless they contain inappropriate language/material (if you have to ask, it probably is) or links to commercial websites that haven't been approved (ie, sponsors who contribute to running this site) - or any website that have asked us not to allow hot linking.

There are sometimes exceptions, such as when someone asks about a specific product, and a poster links to a website. When in doubt, check with a mod. :)

Thanks Mom.

G rated. Not commercial.

Here's the link to relevant blog post-
http://wdwprince.com/?p=3520

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Thanks Mom.

G rated. Not commercial.

Here's the link to relevant blog post-
http://wdwprince.com/?p=3520

Fantastic post! I think I have made it clear on this forum before how I am a huge supporter of the LGBT community and one of the things that I CANNOT abide is intolerance!

WDWprince your post was spot on and absolutely on point while all the time still being classy! I would be proud to take my "family" to a Gayday, and I hope that other families are too.

Stepherlin

I was thinking the other day about how I would love a bf who loved Disney as much as I do, and then wondered if there were any other LGBT disney fans on this site.
I've always asked myself the same question and tonight I started looking for chat forums and found out this one. It's nice to know you're not alone!! I would love to have a bf so into disney as much as I am! Or even a gay friend to share opinions with

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom